Total N00b

Please feel free to introduce yourself here if you want to.
EssexN00b

Total N00b

Post by EssexN00b » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi to everybody here, :)

Totally new to this, got a load of gear off a mate, sure Ill have loads of questions for you, first one, has lines, rigs etc got a shelf life even if not used?

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Providing the line has not deteriorated due to sunlight they should be ok. How old are they? Oh and a warm welcome to the forums.
Cheers
keith :D :D

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:14 am

Hi Noob, welcome to the forum, Cheers...mick

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:00 am

welcome to the forum i would pull some line of the reel and pull hard on it if it snaps change it as for your rigs check the line for damage if the hook lenghs are worn or twisted change them ang get a rig wallet and put a small amount of talcum powder in each sleeve this will stop your rigs from rusting as it takes all the water out

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:08 am

hi fella
welcome to the forum . i see that your forum name is essexnoob so would i be right in thinking you in essex if so try and get to the next thames forum meets .there not a seriuos meet/match just a bit of fun .the guys there will check your gear for you and give you any help you need .the next one is on june 18th at gray,s wharf ,full details are in the thames forum (6th thames leauge match)
cheers steve

EssexN00b

Post by EssexN00b » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Cheers Steve, Ill have a look :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone
rabbi2 wrote:Providing the line has not deteriorated due to sunlight they should be ok. How old are they? Oh and a warm welcome to the forums.
Cheers
keith big grin big grin
Theyve been in a tackle box for a couple of years :)
royboy wrote:welcome to the forum i would pull some line of the reel and pull hard on it if it snaps change it as for your rigs check the line for damage if the hook lenghs are worn or twisted change them ang get a rig wallet and put a small amount of talcum powder in each sleeve this will stop your rigs from rusting as it takes all the water out

Ill try giving the line a pull, and check the rigs, i got a wallet, i think theres a new rig there, what kind of talk old spice, imperial leather or pacco rabanne? :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:11 am

hi en
if there old rigs ,it would have to be OLD SPICE :D :D >:) >:) .sorry but i just couldent help myself had to say it . hope to meet on the 18th if you can make it
cheers steve