Huttoft.... Mogs eye......Chapel six......any advice please.

All topics in this forum will be related to sea fishing for the Disabled.
mabmickyoneleg

Huttoft.... Mogs eye......Chapel six......any advice please.

Post by mabmickyoneleg » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi folks I`m a newbie to this site and recently disabled following a serious RTA. I`ve been a keen carp angler since the early eighties but due to my disability carrying all the gear for a long session after carp is out of the question. I know of one or two marks on the Lincs coast where I can virtually park our motorhome by the beach and fish within 25 yds. All are near Chapel St Leonards.....Huttoft, Mogs eye and Chapel six. I have done some research and it appears that sport can be good during the warmer months with Smoothhound and the odd Bass on the cards, but I`m impatient and I`m planning of giving it a go in a couple of weeks. Am I wasting my time? Are there any Codling or Whiting to be had? Any advice is more than welcome ie bait, rigs, which tides- day or night, spring tides? I`m still capable of whacking a lead 100 yds plus so don`t need to find a mark with fish under my feet, all I need is some friendly advice..........Cheers and looking forward to your responses :)

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:49 am

Sorry to hear about that fella :( . Not long moved to lincs so cant help just yet. I have gone over to carp fishing more than sea so hoping to bag some decent carp up here ;)

mabmickyoneleg

Post by mabmickyoneleg » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 am

flattiefanatic wrote:Sorry to hear about that fella :( . Not long moved to lincs so cant help just yet. I have gone over to carp fishing more than sea so hoping to bag some decent carp up here ;)
If you don`t already Know about the boating lake at Chapel St Leonards and you are not looking for a beautiful or tranquil day or two`s fishing give this place a whirl. I`ve not personally fished the place in the last 10 years but I know it`still turning up some decent fish, and it can be prolific. When I fished it (all be that some years ago) 10 or more Carp in a session was commonplace, but you do have to cope with the boats!!!!

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Looking for somewhere local to Sleaford. A cheap yearly water would be ideal ;)

mabmickyoneleg

Post by mabmickyoneleg » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Depends on how far you call "local". If you`re a session angler and intend to do a couple of days or more I don`t suppose 20 miles`ish would be to far would it? There`s a place I know and fished many times. It`s a reasonable sized reservoir just outside Grantham called Denton Res and strangely it`s in a village called Denton just outside Grantham. It`s got a good head of both commons and mirrors both of which go 30+. When I was fishing there it was run by Grantham AA and you could fish either on a day ticket or by season ticket (very reasonable too) but that was a few years ago now. There`s also the pits at Muskham, some really big fish but can be hard going, especially pit 5.
Tight lines.......

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Denton sounds good. Chapel St Leonards would be a 82 mile round trip, im not that dedicated lol ;)