FUN FISHING COMP FOR DISABLED

All topics in this forum will be related to sea fishing for the Disabled.
dontcatchmuch

FUN FISHING COMP FOR DISABLED

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:42 am

HI ALL AFTER MY POST RE THE LACK OF INTEREST IN THE DISABLED FORUM AND THE FOLLOWING PM,S AND POST IN RELPIY I RECIVED WHICH I MUST SAY WERE ALL VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AS THEY OPENED MY EYES TO A FEW THINGS AND GOT ME THINKING.
ONE THOUGHT WAS HOW COULD A DISABLED COMP BE RUN TO COVER THE WH0LE OF THIS SITE YEP EVERY FORUM ON IT .AND THIS IS WHAT IVE COME UP WITH.

THE WAY I THOUGHT IT COULD WORK IS THAT ANY DISABLED ANGLER (REGESTERED OR NOT REGESTERED DISABLED) WOULD HAVE THERE NORMAL DAYS OUT FISHING WHEN EVER THEY DO OR CAN ,TAKE A PHOTO OF THERE BIGGEST CATCH AND THEN POST IT IN THE STICKY I WILL PUT UP IN THE DISABLED FORUM FOR THE COMPS. THIS WAY IT WOULDENT MATTER IF FOR EXAMPLE YOUR IN THE SOUTHEAST FORUM, THE IRELAND FORUM, OR THE HUMBER FORUM AREA YOU COULD STILL ENTER.
I PROPOSE TO RUN IT AS A MONTHLY COMP STARTING THE 1ST MAY 2011 . YOU WOULD POST THE PHOTO OF YOUR BIGGEST CATCH THAT MONTH ALONG WITH ITS LENGHT BY THE LAST DAY OF THE SAID MONTH OF THE COMP .AS I SAY IT,S ONLY FOR A BIT OF FUN AND TO USE SOMEONE ELSES TERMS YOU WOULD ALSO HAVE THE BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR THAT MONTHS COMP AS THE WINNER .
SO PLEASE LET ME HAVE YOUR THOUGHT ON THIS
CHEERS STEVE

fishfortom

Post by fishfortom » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:03 am

great idea when do we start
tom

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:24 am

great idea stevo
but i have a question mate
what constitutes disabled
the reason i ask is this
2 years ago i broke my leg ( so bad that they were considering amputation )
happlily they fixed it with plates and screws
i aint classed as disabled by our social services cos in my own opinion you have to be virtually dead to qualify which i find appalling.
i still cannot walk far comfortably, and it gives me hell in cold weather.
you should see myself, snagger and lenny after a session on shingle, i bet people take bets on who is gonna drop first.
i aint after a sympathy vote.....just wanna know if i qualify for the disabled comps.
i deffo aint as fit and moblie as i was pre accident
cheers mate
see u saturday at hythe

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:10 am

hi tom
i was hoping to start the first comp on the 1st may and then you would post your best catch for that month by the last day of may .and then .june,july and so on .if there is the interest for this i will put a sticky up in the disabled forum .i just thought that it might be a bit of fun .thanks for your interest ,keep an eye out for the post
steve

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 am

hi roy
as you say your not regestered disabled as with a lot of people .
it took 4 years for me to get acsepted as disabled even though 4 different specilist doctor filled in the regerstation forms fort the social services and i totaly agree it,s disgusting .anyway to your question as far as i am concerned if you have any helth problems that stop you from carrying out a full and for better words normal life you are disabled .so yes you do count and i would like to see you and any others with these sort of disabilitys enter for this fun comp .at the end of the day it,s only for a bit of fun and to let fellow anglers get to know each other . thanks for your interest in this .and yes i look forward to seeing you on saturday
stevo

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:32 am

FOLLOWING ASTON74,S QUESTIONS
THIS IS OPEN TO ANY ANGLER WITH ANY KIND OF DISABILITY THAT YOU MAY HAVE. IT,S JUST FOR A BIT OF FUN AND TO LET OTHERS KNOW WHO AND HOPEFULLY MEET UP

THE COMP WOULD BE MONTHLY

THE RULES ARE SIMPLE
YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR CATCHES IN THE SAID MONTH AND THEN POST THE BEST ONE ON THE FORUM TOPIC BY THE END OF THE SAID MONTH

THE WINNER
]THE PERSON WITH THE PERSON WITH THE MOST VOTES FOR THERE FISH
THE PRIZE
THERE AINT ONE IT JUST FOR FUN

CHEERS STEVE
Last edited by dontcatchmuch on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:08 am

I dont mind giving it a go, and keith will probably do it as well. But! fish will have to be optional for keith, maybe he could take a pic for biggest bait. >:) >:) >:)

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:22 am

I THINK HE MIGHT BE GETTING BETTER ,HE HAD COD N CHIPS FOR TEA THE OTHER NIGHT:D :D :D OHHH NO MY MISTAKE HIS WIFE WENT DOWN THE CHIP SHOP FOR HIM =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
STEVE

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Pair of ratbags, I spotted this, lol I might just cosider using you two for bait but on second thoughts I m afraid of what I might catch lol :D :D :D >:) >:) >:) >:)
Cheers
keith :D :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:16 pm

hi keith
ummmmmmmmm ;) ;) :D :D you woud catch ,arrrrrrrr >:) >:) >:) >:) let us think about it
steve

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm

anyone else interested in this please post
steve

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:05 pm

hi all
i have put a sticky up in the disabled forum re a fun match so anyone that wants to enter will be able to do so the rules ect are all there .theres no need to put names down as it is a picture comp hope to see your pics entered
cheers steve

silver
Occasional
Occasional

Post by silver » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Count me in steve,and my brother who has just joined (lozzer). Great idea it creates mini matches within our own areas. good fun........john :)

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 pm

hi john
as you say makes for mini matches and of coause we musent forget the bainter between us it might bring on :D :D :D :D .im hoping there is a few that join in
cheers dcm

silver
Occasional
Occasional

Post by silver » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:29 pm

cant beat braggin rights.........john