Disapointment

All topics in this forum will be related to sea fishing for the Disabled.
beefy

Disapointment

Post by beefy »

Why has this forim not been used to its full potential? I know there a lot of disabled anglers out there who struggle to get to any venues, even though the fishing has not been at it's best this season anglers have been getting out there to give it a go, but us disabled cant do that, maybe it's just me, but my condition allows me to get out but, it scares the living daylights out of me, the thought of falling over when your on your own and not being able to get up puts me off of going. so come on all you abled anglers please let us know if your going to a venue where a disabled angler can fish as well, so we won't have to worry about any body being there with us. please put a posting on this forum aswell as your own. so we can be sure of being safe.We also need to get away from the missis and kids for a few houres as well. ~X( 8-} :D :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

well said beefy i havent posted or done much re the disabled forum just so as to see how much use it actually receved and if its still worth keeping it runing .it dose cost mrix money to have this forum running this for us
steve

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

As stated in one of my previous post I am only too happy to provide transport and fish with any disabled person and have posted my landlline for them to contact me, but as to date not one person has.

For the sake of repeating myself the number is 01254 207668

If anyone wether abled or disabled needs transport in the northwest area please feel free to give me a bell
Cheers
keith

merris999
Occasional
Occasional

Post by merris999 »

I count myself as partially disabaled and like everyone have good phases and bad, and am fairly able with my legs most of the time.
today is the first time i have looked at this section. It is very admiral and informative, but wonder if "access friendly marks" "transport needed/offered" would be better as stickys in the area sections rather than only being in a sperate section, as some may not have the time to scroll through if they suddenly get a fishing pass .

I like many normally look through my local sections and general on a regular basis. just my thoughts i wouldnt want Steve's and everyone elses efforts got to waste

Mike

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi merris i do agree with your points about easy access marks and transport etc but as the heading says it is a forum for disabled anglers so they can just go to the one forum and get info and give info on every think that is mainly relivent to the disabled needs rather than going from one to another .the reason i ask for this forum to be started was that i had posted a couple of time re easy access marks and transport problems with no replys .but as you can see that as a designated forum bingo
steve