STICKY FOR EASY ACCESS MARKS /PARK AND FISH MARKS

All topics in this forum will be related to sea fishing for the Disabled.
dontcatchmuch

STICKY FOR EASY ACCESS MARKS /PARK AND FISH MARKS

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 pm

PLEASE CAN YOU PUT YOUR POSTS RE EASY ACCESS MARKS /PARK AND FISH MARKS UNDER THS HEADING THANK YOU
STEVE

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Grays Wharf near Grays in Essex

There is a car park at the pub and apart from a kernbstone the small walk to the promenade is all Ramps or Steps

I would reckon even someone in a wheelchair could access this mark relatively easily.
There is a couple of inclines and declines but the once at the promenade it is flat and the sea wall and railings are approximately 4ft high.
The walk from the car is approximately 5minitues tops for me and frozentoes. But is very easily accessible.
You can fish this venue 3 hours up and 3 hours over
Weed can be a problem from time to time but have seen good Dover Sole Bass and cod to nearly double figures as well as eels flatties and Pouting

There are more pics of the venue on the Thames Estuary Charity league comp post.

Below the pub Car Park and the Wharf Pub.

If you walk down the pomenade path with the pub on your right then you will come to the playground and then the Fishing Promenade.

Looking down the prom from where MadMick was fishing Sunday night 04-01-09.
The prom does get very busy and have seen 15-20 anglers on the prom alone.

Now looking over to the playground from the prom.

The Promenade area is fishable with a good casting about 3 1/4 to 3 3/4

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:33 pm

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:44 pm

park and fish allhallows caravan park post code me3 9qd
approx 3hour either side of high tide
just tell sercurity on gate your going fishing from the wall
steve

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:04 pm

GRAIN beach on the HOO PENINSULA in KENT.

This is a generally good mark all year round with fairly easy access. you can park in the church car park at the bottom of the lane.
You walk out of the car park and follow the footpaths down to the beach. the first section of the beach you see to the left you really need to fish on the beach itself but to the right from the first point onwards all the way round to the water outlet it is a promenade. there is no beach as such here, as the mudflats come right up to the promenade, so you have to fish on the promenade.

In the summer months you will get BASS, EELS and FLOUNDERS
In the autumn, winter months you will get CODLING, WHITING, POUT, BASS and FLOUNDER.
Best bait is lugworm and ragworm as grain is abundant with lugworm beds and some ragworm beds.

You have roughly 2 hours either side of high water, with evening , night tides best for cod and whiting.

There is no tidal run here so 4 oz leads will hold. weed is not that much of a problem either.

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:30 pm

MEDWAY CITY ESTATE. MEDWAY, KENT.

This is basically fishing from your car. there is LAZER QUAY on your right as go over the last roudabout or you carry on and fish the front which is opposite the medway council buildings and chatham dockyard.

Youre fishing the medway but it is deep water therefor can produce well.
Summer species are BASS, EELS, DOVER SOLE, POUT, MULLET AND FLOUNDERS.
Winter species are BASS, FLOUNDER, SOLES, POUT, WHITING AND CODLING.

You can fish roughly 4 hours either side of high water. the tide can run strong here especially on the ebb. weed can also be a problem here. lazer quay is the best spot as its a lot less snaggy than the front, here it is a tackle graveyard, (unless you know what spot to pick!!).

I have had codling to 3pound but near double figures isnt that uncommon.

This place is well worth fishing, purely cause its fishing from your motor and the fishing can be good.

dontcatchmuch

some more info on medway city estate

Post by dontcatchmuch » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:04 pm

laser queys building post code me2 4hu name of road culpepper close .
the turning is just before a yellow bus stop ,you turn right hear and then immediatly right again and the laser queys building is in front of you .
thank you sm1thy for pming me this info

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:34 pm

fisher_callum
Occasional

Posted: Friday 22 October 2010 22:43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi all and DCM just thought id post the easy acces marks i know of first will be the
first: ramsgate harbour arm as you can drive out along the arm and prety much start fishing straight away

second: the undercliffe as you go through the tunnel towards ramsgate docks, sometimes the gate is open just as you come out the tunnel to the left. and you can turn around at the round about a couple of hundred yards down the road and drive straight out. BE WARNED it is rocky so beware of snags but i find the further along you go the less snaggy it is.

third: broadstairs pier, its only a small pier but there is a car park next to the pier (although you have to get a parking ticket that can be rather expensive) but very easy to access once at the car park.

there the only ones i can think of at the moment

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:40 pm

rabbi2
NW Coast / General Moderator

Posted: Tuesday 26 October 2010 09:03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Easy access marks that I have fished personally

Holyhead breakwater where you can fish from your car as you can drive your car along the breakwater and is ideal for disabled competitions,

This breakwater runs out to sea for 1.75 miles. Manic Muppet pictured on it

The Cadet base at Fleetwood for those who can only walk a short distance

Whitehaven breakwater which has access for wheelchairs but not for cars

Arnside Pier which has seating and access for wheelchairs.

Bangor Pier which has access for wheel chairs, seating for the disabled and has shelter in bad weather.

cheers keith :D :D :D

beefy

Post by beefy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:46 pm

BARTONS POINT SHEERNESS
Drive along Minster Road from sheerness town center, go past the Ship and Shore public house 3/4 mile drive up slip road on your right (opposite caravan site) you can park any where along the hard shingle beach for free. good Winter fishing for codling doggies, and big whiting, Spring fishing for rays, codling, Summer fishing for flatties eels, bass and mackrel. the fishing is easy from the slipway left and right, normaly fish from 2 1/2 hours up and 2-3 hours down, bait lug and squid/mackrel, whole crab for the bigger bass, bluies for the rays

tony1

easy access

Post by tony1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:45 am

if ever in cleethorpes area try the sea front on any large tides water comes all the way up to the wall or if you have transport could always try immingham wall.i am also willing to offer lift to disabled anglers in the grimsby area will post on here before i next go to wet some lines

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:26 pm

whitbydiver sent this
venue st peters
post code ne6 1hx
tackle shop about 1/2 mile away

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:21 pm

two popular easy access marks are around Rhyl harbor

mark 1. just up river of the blue bridge fishing into the low water channel from either side parking is very close it is primarily a flounder mark and fishes well with peeler crab or rag fish reaching 2Lb

mark 2. is the seaward end of the harbor basin and you fish from a large sand bank casting into the harbor and has a large new car park close by fishes well from first of the flood with peeler crab

unfortunately neither mark is wheelchair accessible

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:00 pm

there are a couple of videos made by mike flyn called fast and furious showing fishing at a great many marks on the north wales coast and mersey side well worth a look and very inspirational. Highly reccomended

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:24 pm

hi chameleon
firstly welcome to the site .thank you for you posts and the info you have given in the disabled forum . i hope you get thehelp you requier with the boat
cheers steve