easy acces marks

All topics in this forum will be related to sea fishing for the Disabled.
fisher_callum
Occasional
Occasional

easy acces marks

Post by fisher_callum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:43 pm

hi all and DCM just thought id post the easy acces marks i know of first will be the
first: ramsgate harbour arm as you can drive out along the arm and prety much start fishing straight away

second: the undercliffe as you go through the tunnel towards ramsgate docks, sometimes the gate is open just as you come out the tunnel to the left. and you can turn around at the round about a couple of hundred yards down the road and drive straight out. BE WARNED it is rocky so beware of snags but i find the further along you go the less snaggy it is.

third: broadstairs pier, its only a small pier but there is a car park next to the pier (although you have to get a parking ticket that can be rather expensive) but very easy to access once at the car park.

there the only ones i can think of at the moment if anyone has anymore pm me and i will add them on

maybe this could be made into a sticky?

cheers fisher_callum

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:03 am

Easy access marks that I have fished personally

Holyhead breakwater where you can fish from your car as you can drive your car along the breakwater and is ideal for disabled competitions,

This breakwater runs out to sea for 1.75 miles. Manic Muppet pictured on it

The Cadet base at Fleetwood for those who can only walk a short distance

Whitehaven breakwater which has access for wheelchairs but not for cars

Arnside Pier which has seating and access for wheelchairs.

Bangor Pier which has access for wheel chairs, seating for the disabled and has shelter in bad weather.

Cheers
keith :D :D :D

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 pm

two popular easy access marks are around Rhyl harbor

mark 1. just up river of the blue bridge fishing into the low water channel from either side parking is very close it is primarily a flounder mark and fishes well with peeler crab or rag fish reaching 2Lb

mark 2. is the seaward end of the harbor basin and you fish from a large sand bank casting into the harbor and has a large new car park close by fishes well from first of the flood with peeler crab

unfortunately neither mark is wheelchair accessible

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:15 pm

easy access mark at Mostyn on the river Dee while not being wheel chair friendly and requiring a bit of a scramble through the sea defenses you can actually park right behind the spot you are fishing easiest point of access is on the far left just before the beach of mud fishes well for occasional cod when conditions are right, whiting dabs place and eels it is a low water mark fishes 2 h down and 3 h up