Cleethorpes beach

Please only post topics related to fishing the Humber Estuary area here.
nash

Cleethorpes beach

Post by nash » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:16 pm

I had a couple of hours on cleethorpe beach tonight ,, it was warmish and calm ,, fished with lug and lug tiped with mackrel .. had 3 bites and caught one flounder about half a pound, The kids played in the sand while i fished , all round quite a plesant evening.

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:22 pm

ive had some lovely flats at the creeks nice to see you did not blank

nash

Post by nash » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:55 pm

am gonna have to give it another go there soon , am told you need maddies wen fishing the creek ?

mabmickyoneleg

Huttoft...Mogs eye and chapel six????

Post by mabmickyoneleg » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Evening everybody, I`m a newbie both here on this site and to beach fishing in general. I`ve been an angler since I was kid and a keen Carp angler since the early eighties. I`ve recently had a serious RTA and face the prospect of loosing a leg later this year.....well that`s one way of shedding a few pounds :) (you`ll gather I`m a fat lad)
To cut to the chase, I`ve found a couple or three spots where I can fish virtually from the motohome. What I could do with finding out is....am I wasting my time at this time of year? Should I wait till the weather warms up and the Smoothies and Bass put in an appearance or are there any Codling or Whiting or Flatties around? Any advice most welcome, baits, rigs etc etc
Thanks folks; Mick

nash

Post by nash » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 pm

hi and welcome ,, am a newbie on here aswell, but av been fishing over 40 yrs. you dont say where abouts in the country you go fishing so its hard to give any advice . i would hazzard a guess that you are not from the grimsby area as i cant think of anywhere you could fish from the back of a camper van , but you could suprize me there lol, oh and i hope all goes well with your leg den

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 am

i live in hull and theres loads off marks you could fish from your van i know some spots for bass and flatties that are very easy to fish as well if you need any help just let me know

mabmickyoneleg

Post by mabmickyoneleg » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:28 am

Hi everyone, thanks for taking time to reply. I`m a bit of a plonker am I not!!! I forgot to say in the post where I was thinking of fishing.....There are 3 spots I have in mind, Huttoft terrace, Mogs eye and Chapel six. According to the small amount of info I`ve managed to gleam from the internet all three marks are good for Smoothound in the warmer months but I want to fish asap.
Now I`ve let everyone know where I have in mind perhaps one or two local anglers might be able to offer some advice, and if you see our motorhome there accompanied by a fat lad on sticks it could be worth a cuppa and a bacon sarnie....... ;)

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Huttoft...Mogs eye and chapel six????

Post by wannacatch1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:52 pm

mabmickyoneleg wrote:Evening everybody, I`m a newbie both here on this site and to beach fishing in general. I`ve been an angler since I was kid and a keen Carp angler since the early eighties. I`ve recently had a serious RTA and face the prospect of loosing a leg later this year.....well that`s one way of shedding a few pounds :) (you`ll gather I`m a fat lad)
To cut to the chase, I`ve found a couple or three spots where I can fish virtually from the motohome. What I could do with finding out is....am I wasting my time at this time of year? Should I wait till the weather warms up and the Smoothies and Bass put in an appearance or are there any Codling or Whiting or Flatties around? Any advice most welcome, baits, rigs etc etc
Thanks folks; Mick
Welcome to site m8 sorry to hear about your RTA but I hope the leg is mendable :D

DAZ B-)

mabmickyoneleg

Post by mabmickyoneleg » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:43 am

Many thanks to Royboy for the offer of help/advice around the Hull area. I`ve been trawling the site looking for more info on Huttoft and from what info I have found I`m gonna give that one a go next weekend probably, however I`d be very keen to hear of other spots that I could manage to fish. One thing to bear in mind is that the motorhome that we would be coming up in is a bit of a whopper, its classed as a private HGV is a tri-axle and around 30 foot long. It has its pro`s and cons when it comes to accesing some places but I like my comfort...... I look forward to hearing of these other easy access marks, tight lines everyone.