Stitched up properly

Please only post topics related to fishing the Humber Estuary area here.
moodling

Stitched up properly

Post by moodling »

I was meant to be going out on a charter trip that i had booked about 6 weeks ago this morning from Grimsby. When i phoned up the skipper to inform him that we would be a couple of minutes late due to traffic he told me that the trip had been cancelled last THURSDAY, and that he had not contacted me because he had THROWN away my mobile number. Does any one no of any reliable charter boats that are resonable price. I am travelling from north Nottinghamshire so its a fair way to go to be told its being cancelled. Wouldnt have been as bad if i wasnt on the out skirts of Grimsby.

Definatley not using him again. Wouldn't even refund the petrol money that i had spent getting up there, X( X( X(

hatter
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by hatter »

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. sorry to hear that you have been messed around not sure of any charters operating out of the humber but im sure some one will. if you ask on the north east forum as well there is a few guys that fish both areas.

moodling

Post by moodling »

cheeres mate will give it a try

buster175
Regular
Regular

Post by buster175 »

Hi mate i've been out from bridlington which should take you about 20 mins more.I've used mick on ocean crusader 01262-676930 or 01262-601949 top skipper and will do his best to put you on the fish.We went a few weeks ago there was over 300 fish between 7 of us.Quite a lot of small billet but everyone went home with cod whiting and coalie great day out apart from no mackeral

Cheers Dave

hatter
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by hatter »

not sure how you get from grimsby to brid in 20 mins as its about 60 miles but be carful in tourist areas as some skippers just take your money

buster175
Regular
Regular

Post by buster175 »

hatter wrote:not sure how you get from grimsby to brid in 20 mins as its about 60 miles but be carful in tourist areas as some skippers just take your money
The guys from nottingham to get to grimsby 1hr45mins to get to bridlington 2hrs11mins acording to my sat nav thats 21 mins.

I've used mick 3 times he works hard for his money we went out in december which ending up being a poor day 5 fish between 8 of us but give mick the credit he deserves he took us all over to put us on the fish he proberly didnt make much off us after his expenses.on that trip we had more fish that the other 4 boats that were out put together.

I'd like to add i won't recomened anything i don't/won't use myself.i don't think its fair for someone to waste there hard earned cash on rubbish

Cheers Dave

hatter
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by hatter »

quite agree with you dave and i am sure its a good boat and skipper. im just makeing the point that there are a few skippers out there just ripping off tourists in the summer season.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Manic voiced the same concerns about 2 boats in particular that shall remain nameless for obvious reasons, but the practice does happen and its the newcomers that suffer. X( X(
Cheers
keith :D :D