Old gits returning after a 25 yr break..

Please only post topics related to fishing the Humber Estuary area here.
Fentiger

Old gits returning after a 25 yr break..

Post by Fentiger »

First a big Hi to everyone on the forum, just like to say a big thank you to you all for the helpful advice posted on here.

Fed up with coarse fishing or the lack of it nowadays thanks to all the carp puddles, a friend and I decided to start sea fishing again after 25yrs :). My wife bought my tackle for my birthday and we headed to Chapel as your reports said people were catching up there. Armed with some luggies and mackerel as bait we had a fun time and caught 5 small bass and 1 flattie, we were hooked again straight away :) Casting was a problem lol.. I think we managed about 40 to 50 yds, but it was fun. Excited my friend got his tackle sorted and we headed to six marshes on monday evening for another go, we fished 2hrs of the incoming and about an hour of the outgoing tide and had an awesome night, between us we had 1 little bass, 12 small flatties, 1 decent dab >:D< ( a keeper that tasted sweet, had it for tea :) ), and 1 crab of all things Grrr!! Casting was less of a problem this time to, practice and all that :)

Anyway thanks all for all the helpful posts that got us back into the world of sea fishing.

Fentiger

Post by Fentiger »

Verry sorry just realised it should have been in the East section..Whoops!!

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, welcome to the forum, as your post is by way of an introduction as well as report it wouldnt be out of place in the general forum where everyone can see you joined. Well done with your 1st two trips out, look forward to more reports. Cheers..Mick

findus
Occasional
Occasional

Post by findus »

welcome to the site mate you will fit right in here as it,s full of us old gits =)) =)) =)) =)) =))