BASS ROD WANTED

The Buy, Sale, Wanted and Exchange Forum.

Moderator: Admin

ivorshedfull

BASS ROD WANTED

Post by ivorshedfull »

HI,
i am fairly new to sea fishing but i have got a real bug for it and so i am looking to but some gear.
I am looking for a carbon bass rod 0-3 2-4 oz somthing like that either multiplier or fixed spool i dont mind. If any one has one which they would like to sell i would very much like to hear from you.
Cheers guys
ivorshedfull

stumpynoneck

Post by stumpynoneck »

look in gerry of morecambe get wot you want and not break the bank brand new, ie odessa bass rod 2-4 oz and apenn fixed spool 100 note the rod on its own is 50 notes beats second hand.

Post by Guest »

hi paul, can u please send me that link again to that online tackleshop where they sell the bass rods as they seem to have done away with the pm message box on here.
Cheers bud
justin

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Just thought this might help mate:- My 'bass' rod is an Abu Garcia Equaliser 9' 6" carbon fibre uptider. This I know is gonna sound very strange but just bear with me:- I can use it on a boat if I want, it has a good enough action for bite detection, I can use it on the pier/dockside and I can cast over 100 metres, which is plenty for mr bass wandering along the shore line. Besides all that it is only two sections and cost me (3 years ago) just £35. Abu Garcia call it an uptider, I call it my all rounder and it hasn't let me down yet despite being booted around, thrown in the back of the car, and hauled on mightily a few times when I got me trace snagged. I know this is not the sort of discussion you will ever see in a fishing mag. but I just sort of thought about what I really needed to catch fish in a lot of different situations. Then I went to the tackle shop shop and said show me a tough rod that I can do all these things with which wont cost the earth and that's what I walked out with! :wink:

ivorshedfull

Post by ivorshedfull »

hi paul,
try again mate if you would , im not sure what i have done there??
if not mail me @ justinvikki@hotmail.com
Cheers
J

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

Hello guys, sorry I have had to shut the private messaging down because it was being abused :x sorry about this, also I have made the forums for regestered members only. Its nothing personal to you there is no private messaging for anyone including me.
Cheers
mrix

Speciman

Post by Speciman »

No worries Mrix. Keep up the good work.

Post by Guest »

Cheers for the information about the rod eccles. i have now bought a abu bass rod but my brother in law is on the look out for one now. i will pass youre info on to him. thanks a lot for youre help
ivor :D

seannylong

Post by seannylong »

HI if your still looking for a Bass rod and dont mind what it looks like reel deels are selling one for a tenner.Dont know anything about it but you can ask them yourself if interested.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Very interesting post from seannylong: A few weeks ago I decided to take the plunge with reeldeels and bought their 12' 3 piece carbon surf for £14.99. I was pleasantly surprised, it was actually a 4 piece - with a stiff tip or a floppy one (take yer pick) and it was indeed a full carbon blank albeit with ali-oxide rings. Yes, of course it was made in Korea but at the price I cant fault it and have cast it well over 150 yds which is plenty for the fish I am targetting on Hayling. I believe they also do a carbon bass rod but would have to look to be sure. It might not be quite the right length but the bass don't know that and you can be sure I will be catching bass with it this year! ( hopefully plaice and sole too). I have also very recently bought their kiddy 360 fixed spool reel - 3 ball bearings, front drag with bite detection 'clicker', fold down handle and a very smooth action for £7.49 yes, I did say £7.49 other tackle shops will charge you upwards of £25 for a similar reel but unless you are a tackle tart, why pay more! No I do not work for them. Why do I buy cheap tackle? - because I am a pensioner and just want to catch fish but I make sure the kit is not rubbishy before I buy.

seannylong

Post by seannylong »

Hi eccles you should try their robinson sailor 74 fixed spool long cast my mate bought one it casts long and smooth and hes on a budget like yourself. Good luck on your future ventures fishing.

seannylong

Reel Deals Bass Rod Discontinued.

Post by seannylong »

Hi all just a note:

:cry: :cry: Reel Deals no longer stock the bass rod. :cry: :cry:

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

OK who needs a 'bass rod', it's just a gimmick that the trade has dreamed up. My last decent sized bass was caught using my 9'6" uptider from the shore. I fully expect my next bass to be caught with the excellent 12' (just 6inches longer than a so called bass rod) carbon surf from Reel deels. :lol: