new to boat fishing in the solent

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

when my mate had his boat he would fish next to the bouy at the end of calshot spit .
Gary

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Hi guys, thanks for the offer and info, I'm not ready to put her in the water for another week (redoing electrics) but now am looking forward to drowning some worms, er, I know this may sound dumb, but where do I get hermits from? also, my wilsons blue n white, lol

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

hiya Gary, thanks for the help, what sort of thing did he catch off Calshot? + anybody tell me what tides and states are best?

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

not a clue mate he had a 17ft boat and when he went away on a fishing trip, his wife back then who he was splitting up with sold it and he said about that place i said and another spot was where you not allowed to drop anchor in southampon he used to drift from bury buoy marchwood all i know mate sorry.
Gary

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Thanks for your help Gary, I've just been reading your charity fish at Calshot, I wish I was well enough to shore fish, I would join you, I wish you all success on the day and hope you raise loadsa dough for the kids wards at the general,,, Pete.

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

thanks pete , i was going to say about you coming along and we could sort something out to help you fish but aint going to stick my nose in mate if i could help with anything just let us know but gl on getting better best regards Gary

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Cheers again Gary, castings the big prob + i've no stamina, lol :) Pete,

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

ok pete no worries mate il have a word with my fishing buddy he's also named pete and find out if there are any other decent spots and let you know.
Gary

Codfather

Post by Codfather »

Try this site for suggestions where to start
http://www.solent-fishing-guide.co.uk/ click on Boats on the menu and select the area you need.
These are only general areas but at least it will point you in the right direction.

Hope it helps

Dave
;)

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Dave, thanks for the link and sorry I didn't reply earlier, I forgot to log off! duhh!! Pete.

bunnybasher

Post by bunnybasher »

nice wreck just off calshot if you launch from calshot. failing that go around southampton water up against the dock walls loads of big bass. flatties at weston shore. sole over hythe waste ground. sport all over the place in a boat from southampton if you launching from under the itchen bridge.

ps gazza is also right theres a wreck just off the end of calshot spit. a old flying boat i think it is. have had some good fish from there. theres a big deep hole there

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Cheers Bunnybasher, I'm gonna mark them on the chart tomorrow + print off the note, can't wait to get the boat in the water and get going, leccy panel going in tomorrow, wiring should be sorted and thats nearly it,,

bunnybasher

Post by bunnybasher »

no probs m8 let me know how ya first trip goes. i fish town quay quite a lot so give us a wave as you pass by lol

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

bunnybasher how big was te ray and doggies out of the quay mate iwas tempted to give it a go soon.
Gary

bunnybasher

Post by bunnybasher »

couple of pound m8 ray was only small around 1lb still to early for the biggies. had some nice whiting aswell all pan size but they all went back in.
now that me fishing on the romsey part of the test has finished will be there more often