tips and tricks for boat fishing round Lyme regis area

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
rebel666

tips and tricks for boat fishing round Lyme regis area

Post by rebel666 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:25 am

im going to be starting boat fishing again with in the next few months (after my fiancee claims my soul and hopefully not my tackle) :))
its been over 10 years since the last time i went and i was only young so my old man rigged up my rod. I just need general tips on rigs and traces diagrams if possible and any methods that anyone has found that might help and hopefully wen my son gets older i can pass my knowledge on to him and have plenty of memories to share with him like i did with my old man.

tight lines
Jim

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am

Nothing better for scratching a new venue than a 3 hook flapper rig or a two hook flapper rig with a running ledger combined.
Cheers
keith :D :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Only use one rig for boat angling - a paternoster with a french boom and a snood around 60 cms long or even longer if live baiting. Hook size depends on what you are expecting - size 2 for flatties and bream, 2/0 for everything else or much larger if you are wreck fishing and expecting conger or big cod.

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:30 pm

I always use braid main line on the boat and usualy a running ledger ,a pennel if fishing a mackeral flapper or live bait.

DAZ B-)