Jelly worms, Side winder, Lures, Shads

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
pancho

Jelly worms, Side winder, Lures, Shads

Post by pancho » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 am

I need some advice on which to buy I had a look at my local dealers collection which had loads and loads and thought I better retreat back to the forum for advice. I will be fishing for Pollack Cod Bass mostly and wanted a collection of Jelly Worms, Sidewinders, Lures and Shads that have a proven track record to say in Dover and Brighton where I do all of my fishing (Boat & Shore)

Over to you now

Which have you used and what did you catch with it. How do you rate it

fishmad
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishmad » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 pm

i mainly use sidewinders and a the moment the rhubarb and custard coulour is working realy well in the south west where i do all my fishing but iv just found savage gear sandeel lures which produced the biggest fish of our last trip so im going to give them a go this year hope this is some help to you.

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:07 pm

hi pancho shads i have found to be okay from brighton/newhaven however what works for me really well is red gills and jelly worms. i use the black with orange/pink tail, works really well on the wrecks. but thats just personal expierience and also sidewinder sandeels are just as good as jelly worms if not better. if i had a choice i would just use jelly worms and sidewinder sandeels!
hope this helps
fishingnuts95

fishmad
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishmad » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:23 pm

one tip with jellyworms get them off the bottom unless you like puting :)