Your Opinion on Cathedrel Hulls?

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
reeleasy

Post by reeleasy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:46 pm

HI
I would guess arround 20mph.with 2 adults aboard With any more it won't plane and goes down to about 12mph. and up goes petrol consumption.
Regards,
John.

pilotfisher

Post by pilotfisher » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi, i have a pilot 460 cathedrel hull coupled with a 60hp yam and i love it, i've owned it for 12 years and i have no intentions of parting with her yet!
It's a great fishing platform very stable with enough room for a couple to fish comfortably.
The only downside is if it's a bit choppy it does slam quite a bit and can get quite uncomfortable.
my brother had a deep "v" hull it was great when you were moving but rolled quite a bit at anchor.
Just my 2 cents!

PuddleSplasher

Post by PuddleSplasher » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Johnn wrote:Hi there, thanks for your reply, do you have a cathedrel hulled boat? Do you think cathedrel hulls can take a bashing from the weather, good for offshore?
Thanks
John
Rabbi,

Sorry but the original poster asked a question!!!
Johnn wrote:Hi there, thanks for your reply, do you have a cathedrel hulled boat?
Do you?

:x

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:01 pm

I did have a catheral hull but sold it. with 60hp evenrude and 15hp johnson as backup. It was an Austrailin Mustang competition ski boat with an 18 gallon stainlees built in fuel tank.

Cheers
keith :D :D

PuddleSplasher

Post by PuddleSplasher » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:24 pm

rabbi2 wrote:I always go for a catheral hull due to the fact that if the weather turns nasty you can get back in quick also same applies going out, you can be on the fishing ground in no time, It has to be said however a clinker built hull is more stable.
Cheers
keith :D :D
WHO!!! asked for a reply?

This was a "personal statement".....

sniggle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sniggle » Sun May 01, 2011 3:46 pm

[quote="pilotfisher"]Hi, i have a cathedrel

The only downside is if it's a bit choppy it does slam quite a bit and can get quite uncomfortable.

![/quote]

As in you need new knees and have to see a dentist to have all your fillings put back in. :D

Great when it`s flat calm though. :)

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:17 pm

hi johnn, wilson flyer 15ft 40hp goes very well ideal inshore. wilsons are around with inboard but are the bigger boats. how big do you want to go?
you can phone the maker of wilson flyer he is in portsmouth. are you going to tow or berth? lots of things to think about mainly what use !

regards

paul

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:42 pm

great in calmer weather not good at all when rough and uncomfortable when riding at anchor in any sort of rough sea