13 March Report - 3 miles off Eastbourne

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
SafferSteve

13 March Report - 3 miles off Eastbourne

Post by SafferSteve »

hammyloz
Regular
Regular

Post by hammyloz »

nice to meet up with you steve
it was fun trying to find you when you said you was only 3 miles out lol but anyway got there in the end,

the picture steve has uploaded was what i thought to be a bloody big fish but turned out to be a large crab and fair sized pout

as steve says loads and loads of pout,we left about half hour after steve after getting more and more put till eventually we got bored with them ,

just to let you know buddy we had tocut the anchor away after what seemed like an eternity trying
will meet up again soon

whitbydiver
Regular
Regular

Post by whitbydiver »

:D :D hi steve that boat looks familiar,did u buy it from st peters marina in newcastle,only it looks like the morbass that used to be moored alongside me,dont know if u remember a 36 footer called the whitby diver,anyway just glad to see the boat got a good home.
screemin reels.
whitby

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

safety first

Post by nthendpompey »

hi guys .what basic safety equipment would i need for my open 14ft open boat fishing local harbours.

SafferSteve

Post by SafferSteve »

Hi Witbydiver,
The boat belongs to Hammyloz, I was taking the picture from mine. :D :D Not sure where he got it from.

For the safety question, there is loads of advise out there but here are some of the basics (some of which I'm sure you have).

1) Life jaket (not boyance aid)
2) Good anchor and loads of rope.(you will always find use for rope)
3) Vhf handheld (good for hearing what moving about the harbour, and the obvious call for help fuction)
4) Mobile phone.
5) Use you Motor kill switch cord.

6) And lastly your Jesus shoes for walking on water....(also helps in taking pictures of your own boat) :D :D :D :D

Tightline guys !

whitbydiver
Regular
Regular

Post by whitbydiver »

:D ok cheers steve m8
whitby

hammyloz
Regular
Regular

Post by hammyloz »

hi whitby
i got it from up that way somewhere for a good price,and have now put new engine an sterndrive and also new covers 2 weeks ago,she is a beauty but its time for me to upgrade soon,so it could have been the one that was by you as it was up there somewhere,i have had her for 2 years now