help on boat fishing please

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
codfather911

help on boat fishing please

Post by codfather911 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:53 pm

me and my dad are going out of brid on the yorkshire man next fri and will be doing rough ground fishing due to the size of the tides and was wondering wat sort of gear we will be needing and was wondering what we can expect to the catch to get the general gist of what we will be doing help need please lads and lasses :D
codfather B-)

orion

Post by orion » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:23 pm

hi m8, they usually go round corner 1st and then to back of buoy in the afternoon, if its the 24th your going they biggest tides you'll be anchored up off thorney and bemmo.
i use a flowing trace when anchored up, also if im at back of boat i often use a 4/5 oz bomb and let a jelly worm go down tide away from boat often picks a few codlings up and a odd pollack.
you need to work your gear as its snaggy ground, usual fish is codlings/wrasse/ billet/ pout, don't think the mackerel are showing yet, and theres big whiting at back of buoy,
bait is usually frozen black/slappers, mussel, squid quite often i use a set of hokkias and just tip off with a bit of rag this can work well.

im there one day this week its looking like Thursday, taking old lad

ryan

codfather911

Post by codfather911 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm

cheers m8 do you know if there is a website that has all the diferent boat rigs cheers m8 ur a great help :D
codfather B-)

orion

Post by orion » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:47 pm

there's loads of sites if you do a search, i'll take some pics of the the ones i use up there and for the wrecks and will mail you them,
little pencil pirks & lead heads work well around corner if the water clears out, better drifting tho tide will be to big when you go.

yes it was your dad, usually do the whitby marks 1st then your way into new year when they move onto the sand :D

ryan

codfather911

k

Post by codfather911 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:59 pm

cheers m8 and bump
codfather B-)

Beefy1

Post by Beefy1 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Codfather, abit late as its Friday! I found 'http://www.ukcharterboats.co.uk/' useful and summarises the boats by area and has URLs to skippers websites, latest news etc..

how did u get on? - i will be up at Flamborough and planning a boat trip out of Brid with brov early next week. Speaking to some of skippers, loads of whiting, ling, odd cod, no mackerel being caught

codfather911

;;f

Post by codfather911 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:27 pm

we didnt go today we will be going out friday 24th on yorkshireman hopefully and i would like to thank everyone for the help that they have given cheers :D :D
codfather B-)