3miles off Newhaven today (22 March)

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
SafferSteve

3miles off Newhaven today (22 March)

Post by SafferSteve »

Hi All

Just an update from todays fishing.

As virgin GPS/wreck finders we opted not to go all the way out to the Thompson and found a wreck/featcher marked (WK) on the Admiralty map about 3 or so miles due south. This was very easy to find and showed up on the fish finder quite well.

If anyone is looking to use a pocket PC with GPS capabilities...I can really vouch for a program called "GPS Turner" scanned in the chart I had popped it into the calibration app and it was amazingly acurate.

As far as the fishing went we got a couple of whiting or cod but they were so small we couldn't tell so back they went. Another boat fishing the same place seem to have even less luck that us and after a few hours went further out.

All in all a fantastic sunny day for March and good to be out.

Talking to the guy in the local tackle shop didn't seem to give much hope when they were talking about guys catching at about 30 miles out.

Catch you later....cheers

hammyloz
Regular
Regular

Post by hammyloz »

nice report lol sounds like me when i go out have you tried the sewer pipe at peacehaven???

SafferSteve

Post by SafferSteve »

I tried the pipe 2 times last summer with an amazingly good success rate for bream.....however this time I was looking further afield for something a little bigger.

Will keep trying as hopefully there is a 20lb Cod with my name on it.

cheers.

PS I caught a crayfish pot, put up one hell of a fight unfortunetly i lost it......good to stretch the line every now and again ;)

hammyloz
Regular
Regular

Post by hammyloz »

nice one on the pot
are you moored at newhaven or just launch from there???
at the moment i am just doing my impellor and bellows (headache) so my sterndrive is off at the moment and im just trying to find someone who has a bellhousing key and bar for engine enlinement then i can get back in the water

SafferSteve

Post by SafferSteve »

Jason

Post by Jason »

reflection

Post by reflection »

Nice chart upload surfer steve.
Which site if any did you the chart photo off.

Reflection

SafferSteve

Post by SafferSteve »

Hi Reflection....wish there was a free site one could get the charts as they are expensive.

This is a portion of my admiralty leisure chart i scanned in.

Cheers

PS these scanned in charts work really well with GPS turner and my Ipaq Pocket pc :D :D

hammyloz
Regular
Regular

Post by hammyloz »

steve go and have a look at my boat in the boat owners register section and im usually there at weekends so come over and say hello and maybe just maybe i might show you a secret spot of mine