grays wharf 31/10/12

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
maddmick
Regular
Regular

grays wharf 31/10/12

Post by maddmick » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:01 am

well not posted in ages so managed to dust the rods off last night and treat the boys to a couple of hours fishing as they are off school (half term) promised a day trip but had other plans so high tide was 130am :( anyway dry night little wind and not too cold we got to grays wharf and set up about an hour before hw :-O 3 rods armed with lug squid and mackerel all running a 3 hook flapper at short to medium range ;) we had a couple of whiting on the flood not monsters but at least they save us from blanking this time of year :D seemed to fish a little better on the ebb but a nice venue with easy access a litter bin and plenty of light and of course a pub nearby in the day time :) both my boys caught so they were well pleased and have something for tea. in all we had 7 whiting 3 over 12" so keepers and a nice size flounder was hoping for better but had a nice bite which was lost in weed and felt much better so looking promising. We caught on all baits the boys were using size 2 and me 1/0 hooks simple fishing and cheap we fished in all about 3 hrs was just good to get back out catch ya all soon

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 am

Cheers for the report and good going on the fish ;)

jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jay180 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:53 pm

well done mate, started going here this year 4 times i been an not blanked. nice venue