Mulberry Harbour Southend on Sea 19 June 2102

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
MickMull

Mulberry Harbour Southend on Sea 19 June 2102

Post by MickMull » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Dug some rag & massive lug last night with a bit of help from my youngest lad. After he went off to school this morning I headed down to the local dogging spot to launch then a slog out past the Mulberry. I went to the left side which I hadn't realised is a good bit deeper than the mark I normally fish there, 16 mtrs.
Was joined almost immediately by this fecker who came so near I could have stuck my finger up his jacksee :o :o

Very slow, fished up to HW. Bait often came back untouched, although I did have a medium cock...

Had an eel which is something I aint had for a good few years, all right not very big, but it's another species on the list.

Went home with a few mackerel & a nice sized whiting, threw some undersized yting back.

Got fairly lumpy on the way back & was a bit of a slog :P :P
Looking forward to next time.

seaweed

Post by seaweed » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Glad to see you are getting out & nice pics. I almost got out last saturday, i was primed and ready friday night. Then i saw the trees blowing saturday morning and that was that, end of trip to windy. :(( I went down to the seafront for a ride and it was rather windy. Roll on summer!!!!!!! :-S

wintski

Post by wintski » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi Im new to the forums here, seen video on Youtube with kayak fishing by the pier (I live SOS) how would one get into Kayak fishing as I am very interested. I have no sailing, kayak, canoe or boating experience so where would I start? LOL

MickMull

Post by MickMull » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:32 pm

wintski wrote:Hi Im new to the forums here, seen video on Youtube with kayak fishing by the pier (I live SOS) how would one get into Kayak fishing as I am very interested. I have no sailing, kayak, canoe or boating experience so where would I start? LOL
I bought mine from TCS on the seafront. Then had a good study on the internet with regards to rigging etc. Had a few practice paddles & haven't looked back :)
It's made fishing a pleasure once again as I actually get plenty of fish (enough to give extended family a good dinner).
I went on a kayak course in Thorpe bay, but to be honest that was boring as I'm a fisherman 1st & a yakker second. A few practice paddles would suffice.
PM me if you get around to biting the bullet & need some local help ;)