Westcliff fishing.

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
stockportandy

Westcliff fishing.

Post by stockportandy »

Hello, think this is my first post here, registered years ago when living up north but I'm a southerner and no where near stockport anymore as the name suggests. I thought I'd add this photo from 28th October last year on the Westcliff Bastion. Took my little girl out and within ten minutes of casting this beauty was on the end, first time fishing again in about 8 years.

Got the missus to waddle down (she was eight months preggers then) with the kitchen scales and it came in at just under 3.5 l/b

Went a few weeks ago on two tree and the westcliff bastion and blanked, but friday night just gone on the westcliff bastion produced an eel and a few bites with PLENTY of bloody crabs.

Fun though.

:D

MickMull

Post by MickMull »

Cracking fish, there's a few showing now so get your bass gear out. Had one spinning off Southend on light gear was great fun ;)

stockportandy

Post by stockportandy »

Forgot to mention that the bass was caught on a two hook flapper, its the only thing I've ever used properly other than one failed attempt with feathers on southend pier.

Keen to try new methods though, quite fancy a go at the mullet.

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Cracking Bass there mate well done..

I bet you will be going back there again a few times this year lol

Cheers macer