Marks in the Crouch/North Sea

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
Paddyboy

Marks in the Crouch/North Sea

Post by Paddyboy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:48 am

Sorry for asking questions that may already have been asked. I'm new to this forum, and sea fishing as a whole. I have a small boat moored up in Essex marina and have been out a few times fishing with not much success. Are there any good marks within the River Crouch itself? What should I be fishing for at this time of year? Equally, should I be heading out to the North sea (Middle Deep or similar)? Finally, can you get mackerel in this area? (I prey for an easy fish to catch).

Many thanks for any assistance you can give a novice.

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi Paddy,
You could try the hole in the wall it is situated near to where the river Roach meets the Crouch, there is a deep water mark there which can be good at times. Not too sure on the mackeral but there is a good chance of a decent bass or smoothound on the maplin sands. If you leave the crouch I normally fish the sands to the right on a rising tide, it is quite shallow and not sure of the draft of your boat but worth a go. Prefer winter species myself will give you a few winter marks later in the year should you need them. Best of luck hope its been of some help to you
Regards
Dutch

Paddyboy

Post by Paddyboy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:04 am

Many thanks Dutch. Just what I was after. Very helpful.

Regards

Pat

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 am