Boat Fishing??

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
robstar1990

Boat Fishing??

Post by robstar1990 »

Hey,

Im just wondering if any of you kind people can help me, i been fishing on a boat in cornwall first time and had a great time and to be honest it was very cheap, but now im back in westcliff i wanna go out again.

I aint got no boat equipment so it would have to be a boat that has it all and that. needs to be kinda cheap as lack of funds but if anyone got any info of any boats in the southend area it be a great help :)

Cheers
Rob

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi rob
have a look at the boat charter link in the thames forum hope this might help
cheers steve

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff »

paulg

Post by paulg »

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman »

hi robstar you could try lady anne charters out off rochester he does evening trips an all day sundays ... baitman

robstar1990

Post by robstar1990 »

Hi Geoff :)
Cheers for that, might have to drag me dad along and see if he wants to go try it, its like when i was in exmouth, there was boats for like 12 for 2 hours for mackerel fishing, 25 for like 5 hours reef fishing, and 35 for 5 hours wreck fishing and that was all the bait and stuff which was pretty good, but yeah il have to try that one in ramsgate.

Hi Paul :)
cheers for that yeah can afford like 40 -50 it all depends on the hours at work i get which aint alot atm

Hi Baitman :)
yeah il have to have a look and get more info on that one but sounds good to just have to drag me old man along.

Hi Steve :)
cheers yeah found it very helpful.

paulg

Post by paulg »

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Hi Paul, try this link to post pics,

http://www.sea-fishing.org/ftopict-8805.html

Cheers
keith :D :D

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff »

Hi Paul,

So glad that you second charter boat trip sounded so enjoyable. I really enjoy such trips and would like to do more, but I am now retired so cannot afford to do as much of it as I would wish.

I have recently taken up lure fishing (as opposed to conventional beach fishing). Tackle is minimal, no tripod or heavy tackle seat box etc., the rod and reel are very light and I don't have to worry about getting hold of or keeping bait.

I am lucky enough to live just 9 miles down the coast from Dungeness, so can wake up and, if it is a nice day and I fancy it, I can pack the car up in less than 5 minutes and be fishing within the half hour.

Boat fishing will always be my first love, probably because you never know what is going to come along and take the bait, plus 'blanking' is hopefully less likely. But I enjoy my lure fishing and it nicely fills the time between the (expensivish) charter boat trips. But I will probably revert to conventional beach fishing when the cod reappear!

I wish you every success in the future.

Cheers, Geoff :) :) :)

robstar1990

Post by robstar1990 »

hi paul
well done on sunday paul, looking forward to anypics you are able to put up

rob

paulg

Post by paulg »

hi rob, I'm working on it, I registered with photobucket but then the website would not log me on. I'll have another go tomorrow as I'm busy getting my gear ready for a boat trip out of brighton marina in the morning

:) :) :) :)

paulg

Post by paulg »

here goes

Image[/img]

robstar1990

Post by robstar1990 »

Hi paul looks like a good days fishing :)

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

did you keep the fish paul?

paulg

Post by paulg »

Hi, I kept one of the smaller ones and a couple of the dog fish, all the others went back to hopefully grow bigger!