allhallows 22nd may 2011

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

allhallows 22nd may 2011

Post by fishingnuts95 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Fished allhallows yesterday, wind was a nightmare gusting to around 30-32mph, occasional showers so weren't the best weather wise. fishing was very hard as usual at allhallows but i suppose my luck at only blanking once in 3 years sea fishing paid off as last cast dead on high water i brought in a lovely flounder of around 32cm :D was well chuffed with it as it was my first one! was fishing with my dad and dads mate as usual and between them there was 1 eel, 2 schoolies and another flounder about 5 cm! bait used was ragworm, lugworm and mackerel. crabs were a nightmare as well all the way up to high water as i fished about 3 1/2 hours of the flood and only the last cast was when bait actually came back in every other cast was stripped clean but did manage to hook a crab claw which was pretty big and had a blue tint to it so is this them blue mitton crabs which have found there way into our waters.
Fishingnuts95

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon May 23, 2011 4:22 pm

hi fishingnuts95
shame i dident know you were down there or i would have come and said hi .ive got a caravan down there .anyway you done better than i did on saturday all i got was crabs totally striping me clean every cast .where were you fishing down there .
cheers steve

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi Steve i didn't actually know you had a caravan there and i have decided not to post on here before i go on a trip cause every time i do i always do badly. i was fishing inbetween sections 16 & 17 but near high water rigs were drifting over the groynes making life hard but easily accessible, just a shame it doesn't fish better.
Fishingnuts95

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Tue May 24, 2011 10:52 am

hi fishingnuts95
i know what you mean about posting your going to go :D :D .
it dose haveit,s days down at allhallows but in general like a lot of other places it fishes better at night . no problem for me just a short walk or a ride on my mobility scooter and im at the sea wall . sunday was a pritty windy day . maybe catch you down there another day as im there most weekends .
cheers steve

palmtopman

Post by palmtopman » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi all, hope to fish the beach at Allhallows in the next week and would like to know of the best spot to fish please? Not sure where the mentioned 'pill boxes' are.
Was thinking of fishing to the left of the Yacht Club, furthest left, near the last of the breakers..... what does anyone think? would I be better off somewhere else at Allhallows? Would prefer to be pitched within a short walk from my car. Hoping for Bass or a Doggie.
Also have read I think that it's best to fish quite close? what are we talking 30-40yds?
Oh and finally, a snag free patch would be good or am I asking too much? lol
Thanks in advance.

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:29 pm

I don't fish there very often however fishing is always tough when i do, it seems to be a venue where conditions HAVE to be perfect! I fish infront of the first lot of caravans just to the left of the sports play area (looking out to sea). Also between each groyne the beach is numbered in sections and i go around groynes 17-21. Hope this helps you but Steve (dontcatchmuch) is the man to ask for allhallows!
fishingnuts95

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:44 pm

I will be down there from the 21st to the 28th with the family thanks to Steve and Sue for their invite, just hope the fish play ball.
Cheers
keith :D :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:24 am

hi palmtopman
the pill boxes are a bit further along from the last breakers but you have to be carefull with the marsh land to get to them .the whole of the sea front along the caravan park can have its day with bass ,eels and flounder but i have never seen or heard of any doggies coming out along there in the 7 years i have had a caravan down there . the main bait i use down there is common lug ,black lug and peller crab . as to it being a snag free place i would say it is fairly snag free but there are a few rocky places along there but even these are not really that bad .i have only lost 3 rigs in the time ive fished there . i hope this is of help to you but please give me a bell on 07773-058094 and try to help with anything else you want to know .
cheers steve

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:44 pm

hi mate, i have lived on the peninsula all my life and know every inch of ground from cliffe through to the medway.
what steve says is true . you just DO NOT catch doggies at allhallows!!
if you want dogs there is only one spot at grain that might throw one up or gillingham pier.
To be honest mate you are better fishing on grain seafront at the moment. its close to the car and is producing a lot of schoolies and flounder and eels at the moment.
I never fish allhallows during the summer months cause its too hit and miss.
Autumn, winter....brilliant but unless you go to coombe point to the far left ,which is on the seawall but a very long walk or go to your right past the chalets and round to the seawall towards yantlett creek i think you are maybe wasting your time.
this is my oppinion having lived and fished here for 30 years.
cheers dabhand