holland on sea

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
baitman
Occasional
Occasional

holland on sea

Post by baitman »

hi all well i was going to fish st osyth but couldnt find it ... could only find a place called jaywick ... didnt like the look of the place .. so went too holland on sea an had a good night 2 doggies one around 2 1/2 pound an 15 whiting / a small codling / 3 pounting .... :) :) :) :) baitman

westy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by westy »

well done mate. which way did you go to jaywick? as st osyth is only 4miles by rd or we could park near the new flats at jaywick near the caravan site.. best way to st osyth is come off A12 north colchester-ardleigh, go on to the A120 for about 6-7miles then take the junction to frating you then come to a roundabout there you turn left as you heading back to colchester, go for about a mile you come to taffice light there you turn left that will take you to B1027 once there you turn left again then you go about 3-4 miles then sy osyth well be on your right. just stay on rd then you will come to caravan site

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman »

hi westy i ended up near the martello beach near a holiday park .. i went a1245 / a130/ a12/a120 a133/colchester rd / little clacton rd b1027/ jaywick lane.. i take it that was wrong :(( :(( :(( ... dont know if you know or fished that bit ... but was not sure about the car .. the beach looked great there was a couple off nets not far off the beach though .. if you have fished st osyth could you give me a road near the beach to look up on google please if its not too much trouble ... baitman

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

what you may have done is missed the turning to ST osyth but you was in the right direction, when on the colchester road going towards clacton there is an s bend turn right at that and its sign posted st osyth/point clear follow that road all the way to the end where you'll find HUTLEYS CARAVEN PARK,,the road is called beach road,, CO16 8TB theres a post code if you get lost or want to goggle it

simon

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman »

hi edwards 73 thanks for that will look on google .. an see what its like an hope too get there soon ... baitman...

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi trev
well done mate sounds like you had a busy sesh
cheers dcm

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

If only all sessions was like that. Good report fella ;)

westy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: hi

Post by westy »

reel_wizard wrote:
baitman wrote:hi westy i ended up near the martello beach near a holiday park .. i went a1245 / a130/ a12/a120 a133/colchester rd / little clacton rd b1027/ jaywick lane.. i take it that was wrong :(( :(( :(( ... dont know if you know or fished that bit ... but was not sure about the car .. the beach looked great there was a couple off nets not far off the beach though .. if you have fished st osyth could you give me a road near the beach to look up on google please if its not too much trouble ... baitman
If you had walked towards the Martello it is actually at the eastern end of St Osyth ... but public parking is a pain in Jaywick. Don't be put off by what you hear about Jaywick its nothing like its cracked up in the negative press - I'd rather park at Jaywick than Southend to be honest (nothing personal).

The markers would have most likely have been pots or lines, which is mostly what is set around here .. currently there's a hell of a lot of weed about so nets are generally not that productive unless you want to catch weed.

they are pots the boat works out of point clear and he sale he catch from his house near the canvan site down there