Quick report,

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
tilburyboy

Quick report,

Post by tilburyboy »

Tried a local spot on sat 16th. A bit of a struggle to get to but wanted to give it a go because fished it last week but only got in two casts, i was dressed for summer and the wind was right in my face with what seemed like a -5 chill factor. out of two cast i had a flounder and a schoolie, so had to go back.
Armed with 3 pack of lug and 4 whole squid i fished two rods, one at short range with a whole squid on a pennell rig and lug on a two hook flapper.
All fish on the one rod with lug.
right from the start i had continuous bites i had a ten minute rest bite at high tide. total fish 17. . . .x4 flounder. . . . x 13 small bass!
Bass size ranged from half a pound to at least two and a half pound,all fish returned unharmed. Great day great sport and blooming tiring :D

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Nice report T.boy,glad your effort was worth it and you got your reward.Sounds like a good spot you've found,i fish the south side of the river and travel light with just a rucksack and my rods tied to the crossbar of my mountain bike,it makes it a lot easier and quicker to get to some of the more remote marks...all i need now is to find the time to get out.Look forward to more reports.

Lee

maddmick
Regular
Regular

Post by maddmick »

well done jay glad you got out again and had a result B-)

tilburyboy

Post by tilburyboy »

Hi mick,
hope your ok mate, did you get my pm if not i will send again mate.
haven't traveled anywhere yet just waiting for the summer fishing to hit off.

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Great report and thanks for posting...

and of course Well done on the fish lol

cheers macer :D