Got that Fishing itch...

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
actionsanta
Occasional
Occasional

Got that Fishing itch...

Post by actionsanta »

I really really need to go fishing.....I am going to go on Sunday, down to Thorpe bay. I know there is an open match on this day also...Im not going to pay a tenner just to fish my favourite spot......Is that me being funny, or can I assume that I still have a right to fish there even when a match is taking place?

Or....

Might take my new wheels for a spin (no I havent passed my test I got a push bike lol)and ride to wallasea and fish the crouch for 24 hours..hmmmm decisions?

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

No match has a claim to any part of any beach. You can fish and they will peg around you ;)

P.S A classic example was 3 years ago. Got to a beach and we arrived to see loads of people getting ready to fish an ISSAC. But they was not on the beach. So we set up and a chap came up and told us to move as there was a competiton there. We told him that we was set up and either peg around us or do one. He couldnt argue with us, and pegged around us ;)

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

I was thinking of doing the same on Saturday at Lee on Solent Stu .......... but it just feels wrong ! (and there'll only be 3 of us compared to 70 or so ISAC members !)

Cheers,

Dave

actionsanta
Occasional
Occasional

Post by actionsanta »

I dont want to be seen as an arse (although my wife tells me otherwise!)

Still, your opinion is the same as mine......

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi actionsanta i thought you and jo were coming to the deal match or have you changed your mind
steve

actionsanta
Occasional
Occasional

Post by actionsanta »

Steve. I cannot get there.....I also do not know who Jo is....Lol.

Will try and make the next match......

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

My point is.........If you want to fish a beach, then fish it. No competition has rights over any other angler. If the pegs are down then thats another situation. But most comps will peg around you as they respect the fact that other fisherman might be there. They might ask you if you would like to join in. But i will not be bullied off a beach as i have as much right to be there as others ;)

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

i totally agree that no one has the right to say you cant fish hear because were holding a match .and i dont want to start an argument ,cos this subject could so easily turn into light blue touch paper and stand back.but surly if someone knows that there is a match at a certain time and place its only courtesy to fish another spot as so many of these matches are for a charity . yes i do know not all are but after all we all know more than just one mark to fish. this is just my opinion and i respect other people,s opinions
steve