tilbury fort

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
wakeywildcat

tilbury fort

Post by wakeywildcat »

Hi, we're coming down to london next week and I intend to have a couple of days fishing from the wall at tilbury fort, can anyone advise me what bait to use and what I could expect to catch. Thanks in advance.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi wwc
welcome to the mad house .at the moment your likely to catch flounder and schoolie bass along with the odd eel .the main baits are rag,lug ,squid and makie on there own or in any combenation of them .if you can put a post up when your going to be fishing there youll have a good chance that one of the boys from the thames forum will meet up and give you a bit more on the spt info
cheers steve

tilburyboy

Post by tilburyboy »

Hi wildcat,
Someone may correct me but i haven't heard of much coming out at tilbury wall.
The past few weeks i have been fishing just up river a bit at east tilbury and having nice flounder with the odd schoolie, coal house fort doing well also i hear. All fish on worm, lug or rag will do the job.
Good luck,i may bump in to you :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

A warm welcome to the forums mate, the thames lot are very helpful.
Cheers
keith :D :D

wakeywildcat

Post by wakeywildcat »

Thanks lads, don't know which day/days it'll be (bringing the missus). Fishing with a mate from hornchurch so he will know where coal house fort is. thanks again hope to see you down there next week.

griegwwr
Regular
Regular

wakeywildcat

Post by griegwwr »

wakeywildcat
just in case your intrested theirs a skipper that does boat trips out from canvey (only 15 mins from tilbury) he only charges 30 quid per person per day he can also get your bait if needed its a great day out his website is http://www.carpediemseaangling.com/ i use him all the time ... tight lines

wakeywildcat

Post by wakeywildcat »

cheers griegwwr may have to do that next time, think the wife wants to do some sightseeing!