4th Thames Charity League Match 2011 Details

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
Snagger

Post by Snagger »

Last edited by Snagger on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

YEP PUT ME DOWN TIM .
I KNOW SANDWICH IS A FAIRLY EASY ACCESS MARK BUT COULD ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW FAR FROM WHERE YOU PARK IT IS TO WALK TO WHERE YOU FISH PLUS IS IT SHINGLE OR SAND .AND HAS ANYONE GOT A POST CODE FOR HEAR PLEASE
CHEERS STEVE

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Thanks for posting Snagger

At the last comp i had to holds my hands up and admit that this year for me is going to be tough to keep the comps going as i have in the past
Luckily after talking to Aston and Tim the have offered to assist me in keeping our monthly events going.
I will be unable to attend this one but wish all those who attend the best of luck.
I know two weeks before that comp Kopite Conehead and Edwards managed to see a thornback of about 5/6lb caught in the day light near this venue.
Thats why we reccomend we have Thornies as the target this match.
Once again thanks to Snagger and Aston for helping me out to keep these matches going while i have such a busy year ahead.

Cabrat

telboy25

Post by telboy25 »

put me down please snagger i be there with me sandstorms

Snagger

Post by Snagger »

Hi Telboy,

You are now on the list, I will be taking my modified Sandstorm :D :D :D

Tim B-)

telboy25

Post by telboy25 »

what do you mean moderfide ones have the got spoilers added to them what time is this one is it a night or day one mate hows your hand mate was gonna ring ya but ant got your number yet

Snagger

Post by Snagger »

Hi Telboy,

I have sent you a PM with my number.

I have now put the times up and it will be a daytime 6hr match, I am still

trying to sort a postcode for the venue so we can all meet up.

Tim B-)

Snagger

Post by Snagger »

Come on people,

get your names down see if we can have a really good turn out at this one,

Tim B-) :D :D :D :D :D :
D :D :D :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi tim
dont forget mate 23rd is easter weekend
steve

Snagger

Post by Snagger »

Oh dear I forgot about Easter B-) B-) B-) B-)
Last edited by Snagger on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi tim even the week after is a bank holiday so i would say leave it as it is and see how many can make it .
as to future comps maybe it might be an idea to hold then every two months .i know when the idea of these matches were fist thought of there was a great interest in them but things change ie peoples family comitments ,financial secomstances etc meaning some cant comit to these comps as much as they would like .one every two months might make it easyer just a thought
steve
hope to make the 23rd just waiting to hear from telboy

telboy25

Post by telboy25 »

23rd is fine mate your doing a good job snagger your the man you cant make it perfect every time for people once the date is set if you can make it good but if you cant thats life i personley dont want these matches to stop as i have gained so much from them and look forward every month to a new venue to go to and to have a laugh i would like for there to be two every month i would love to come with you snagger and ducker and ashton more tim i will help if i can

ducker

4th charity match

Post by ducker »

hi tim
first of i congradulate you on doing a fine job of organising this charity match you cant please every body easter is a 4 day event starts friday and ends monday normaly even for poor people monday is the big day out so i cant see why people cant turn up for just 7 hours tim i want these matches to continue i did say i will help

ducker

Snagger

Post by Snagger »

Hi All,

First I would like to thank you for your support and comments,

Lenny(Ducker) has kindly volunteered to be Treasurer and collect and

look after all monies till it is handed over to RNLI at the end of the year.

I already have a 5th and 6th venue in mind so it looks like we are gona be

Rockin 'n' Rollin with the Thames Charity League for the rest of this year at

least :D :D :D :D

Tight Lines All,

Tim B-)
;)

tinny
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by tinny »

Nice info tim the road from deal into sandwich is called golf road anyone taking this way in should drive with extreme caution . Is the comp going to be at the yatch club or the 10th green or east of the private estate on princes drive . Dont know if you know 10th green venue ?access is from golf road by the prefab houses restaurant and small resevoir to fish here you need to cross the golf course by public footpath personally i think you have chances from any of these venues but the easiest access will be east of the estate because as you said you can park on the shingle dont know if i can make this one as i am on call for work fingers crossed

tight lines

martin