Southend pier and beach report

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
actionsanta
Occasional
Occasional

Southend pier and beach report

Post by actionsanta »

Hi all. Went on the pier Sunday with my son and brother....Got to the pier nice and early to beat the crowds only to find that the opening hours have changed....had to wait an hour and a half for the pier to open...Got set up and was fishing by 9.45.

We were fishing at the east point in the hope of a small codling, Caught 1 codling (12cm) 1 Whiting which decided to wrap itself around my trace. Did not even go near the hook!? Caught quite a big star fish and 12 crabs......(which my son insisted we count)

Not a bad day really warm, tide was running pretty hard so had to use 8 oz fixed grip to hold bottom...

On a seperate note: I must remind my self next time, not to let me son drinka massive bottle of energy drink...He spent most of the day running around the pier asking people what they had caught and was giving a running commentry to all those, who was in ear shot, of how many crabs his dad had!! Also he thought he was a bell boy, as on the top deck there is a bell (dont know) which he made sure was ringing as loudly as possible..I chuckled as I could imagine what he was thinking: I AM AWAKE EVERYBODY. MY DAD HAS GIVING ME TOO MUCH RED BULL.RING RING RING HE HAS CAUGHT 5 CRABS SO FAR!!!!!

Then monday night we went on the beach next to Southend radio. First cast caught a 20cm schoolie, a plaice. My brother caught a dab. All fish were caught with lug only...Sea was a bit to calm for my liking Great view of the moon though..

Tight lines all....

Steve

tilburyboy

Post by tilburyboy »

Thanks for the report santa, shame about those crabs.
Most places seem a bit quiet at least weather was nice. :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi actionsanta nice report but i dont belive you.to much enegy drink come on tell the truth you just dident want him telling everybody about his dads crabs :D :D :D >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
steve

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Nice report AS

nice to see u got crabs

try the clinic lol lol lol lol

no good report mate

Cabrat

Snagger

Southend

Post by Snagger »

Hi Action,

cheers for the report I aint fished the pier since last year myself, see you at

the Hythe Comp on Saturday if you are going,

Tight Lines,

Tim B-)

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

yeah bad news !!!!!!!!...............sorry to hear about the Crabs

MickMull

Post by MickMull »

Off out to the end of the pier today on my yak. was not gonna take any lug might have to nip down for an hour or so to dig a few ;)

actionsanta
Occasional
Occasional

Post by actionsanta »

Cant make the comp. Sorry guys.....Skint

Next month for sure...

Tight lines

Steve

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Better luck next time....

Thanks for posting

Cheers macer

eathook

Post by eathook »

i enjoyed reading that, have you got any tips of where you have caught the most fish and well any tips are good. also when you go on the beach do you use one on those tripod things, i have been wanting to get one but im curious as to weather i really need one or not :)