Perfect day

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
tilburyboy

Perfect day

Post by tilburyboy »

saturday 19th,
8:30am a frosty morning,made my way to east tilbury.As i arrived i made my way across the waste land to the pumping station the brilliant sunshine drawing the moister from the ground along the way.
after a 20 min walk i was there, a little early but didn't mind the wait.
after setting up both rods i poured a coffee and waited about 45min for the tide,during which time i just sat there enjoying a glorious morning.lug and squid was my choice of bait, after around half hour of fishing i had my first fish, a small flounder.
From then on it was bite after bite. HT was 12:36 i fished until 2:30, i ended up with x7 flounder five of which where around 30 to 33cm x1 small whiting and a school bass about 35cm all on just lug.
I had such a fantastic day's fishing i had to share it with someone!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Well done that man, hope were as lucky when we meet for the charity match. by the way. are you attending that. Cheers..Mick

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

i dont believe a word of it
wheres the pictures as proof.
you always blank at grays but you amazingly catch fish when there is nobody there to witness them :D :D :D :D :D :D

c'mon tell the truth :D :D :D :D

tilburyboy

Post by tilburyboy »

Sorry mick cant make the charity match,but i wish everyone the best of luck :) thanks for your kind comments, i hope to meet up soon.
Hi roy, dont worry mate i will get straight back into blanking again :D
I do have photo's but on my work naff work phone.
I knew you wouldn't believe me so i took a couple of pic's.
I was hoping you would be pleased for me,but i guess its hard to believe someone else catching fish when you find it so hard yourself :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

dont worry Tilbury bot everyone blanks when they fishing too close to Aston mate.

Cabrat