So how was fishing 2010 for you??

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

So how was fishing 2010 for you??

Post by macer »

With the end of the year approaching fast and the prospect of the new year, warmer water etc and a possible spring run in the Thames how was your fishing in 2010??

In fairness, despite the well documented decline in sea fishing catches in general, my sea fishing year was pretty fantastic, fishing both on my home turf (the Thames) and other areas with me making a national fishing magazine (i will not say anymore because those who fish with me are bored of my constant re-telling of my monster ling lol). In addition I managed to bag both my target species for 2010 (Wrasse & Sea Bream).

So please sum up your year (without swearing lol) and heres to prosperous fishing in 2011 for all >:D< >:D<

Happy New Year to All <:-P <:-P

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

hi macer
there were lots of firsts for me
1/ being on the winning boat in the annual comp
2/ my first smoothound...2011 i am aiming for a double figure smut
3/ pb flounder, pb dab, pb cod
nothing really surprising as its only my second season fishing since i was a kid

BUT THE BEST BIT OF 2010 BY A LONG WAY WAS MEETING AND FISHING WITH ALL THE GUYS FROM THE THAMES & EAST FORUMS DURING OUR MONTHLY COMPS

ALL IN ALL, I HAD A GREAT YEAR

THANKS GUYS <:-P <:-P <:-P

HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman »

hi macer mine was not bad didnt do much fishing this year as last year but hope 2011 will be better an the fishing is better hope you have a good new year .... baitman

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Didnt do a great deal of fishing this year but got a pb smut which i hope to improve on next year <:-P

gynewguy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gynewguy »

2010 was my reintroduction to sea angling after a 20 year break.
First session was at Humberston Creek and blanked. From then on up to March I caught plenty of Flounder the biggest around the pound mark and my personal best!
In June/July I started to blank (except an Eel on Cleethorpes beach). Looking back.
My last session of 2010 was in October (again at Cleethorpes) where I blanked for the 5th time so put my gear in the garage till next March.

In 2011 I want to travel to the north bank and try there as I never made it this year because of a few things. Would also like to go to north Wales like I did 20 odd years ago.

Si

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi macer really only started sea fishing in late 2008 .and would call 2010 my first real full on sea fishing season . fish cought ,1st smooth hound ,1st thorne back ,1st dab ,biggest yting and biggest bass all in 2010. so well pleased . but would have to say the best bits of all had to be meeting a lot of you guys and girls from the southeast and thames forums at the charity meets looking forward to doing it all again in 2011 .also the chating and getting to know a few more from of off this site in other forums .so a big thanks to all of you that have given me a lot of very good advice in the past year . hope you all have a good new year .
steve

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Hi gynewguy mate if you intend to try North Wales then give Holyhead breakwater a try its a great venue and I cant see you haveing a blank there, also Bangor Pier can be productive but its fast flowwing water there. All the best for the New year. Cheers
keith :D :D

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

fishing wise its been a mixed yr with some great times with hayling island being one of the highlights for me as it was a fantastic weekend away with a great buch of people and would like to thank colin (kopitecol) for that as thats where i had my first tope ever at 24 1/2lbl and a first double smoothound,, general beach fishing has been mixed with some good and bad days but thats what we come to expect these,

fishing in the 2010 league comp was another highlight as again a great bunch of people were met along the way and would like to thank cabrat for the orginising he put behind it along with some help on somedays by others
i will await my trophy for being the overall winner lol

i would like to thank every 1 that iv had the pleasure of fishing with in 2010 and may there be many storys for the new year to come

to all the mods and members may i wish you all a happy new year

simon

seaweed

Post by seaweed »

Would of liked to of done a bit more but hay-ho.
I did'nt think it was a brilliant year which is a shame. Dont want to be too pesermistic (is that how you spell it) but i think things are getting worse.
Places i have fished this year.
The river crouch.
Thames.
Orfordness
Walmer beach.
Clacton peir.
Maplin sands.
My kayak.
Not had anything fantastic size wise but i am luckily enough to have caught from all venues which is what its all about.
Lets hope 2011 is a better year for everyone fisherman or not.
Tight lines everyone.............
Happy New Year,
Seaweed.

gynewguy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gynewguy »

Hi all,
Rabbi...........I never got to either of thoses venues but would love to try. I have happy memories in my early 20's on holiday when I fished Bangor pier and the quay at Canarvon........wonderful!

Si

joliroger

Post by joliroger »