Canvey sea wall report and a moan!!

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
Snagger

walton pier

Post by Snagger »

WARNING PLEASE READ If someone comes to your front door and asks you

to remove your clothes and dance with your arms in the air, DO NOT do this.

It is a scam, they just want to see you naked. Please copy and paste to your

status. I wish I had received this yesterday...I feel stupid now!!!

Snagger

walton pier

Post by Snagger »

WARNING PLEASE READ If someone comes to your front door and asks you

to remove your clothes and dance with your arms in the air, DO NOT do this.

It is a scam, they just want to see you naked. Please copy and paste to your

status. I wish I had received this yesterday...I feel stupid now!!!

Tim. B-)

Gord

Post by Gord »

sorry for late reply only just got back to it.

What can i say? I didnt realise common civility and respect for other pier users relied solely on the rules as set out by the pier management - you are all big chaps i thought you might work it out yourselves.

I am not about to go naming names - i was makng a comment about what i consider to be unacceptable.if you do it and you think its right then you must be justified.

As to the biodegrability of newspaper - are we then to asssume that hurling a McD's paperbag out the car window is equally acceptable - "but Gord, it 'll go away and until it does it can adorn the countryside in all its splendour".Fine. But i would never do it.

Sorry but ididnt make this up, saw heard all with my own eyes and can only say that it is telling who jumped in so vigorously with their response!

g

Snagger

walton pier

Post by Snagger »

Sorry Gord I cant agree with you there,

How can you liken a ball of newspaper thrown into the sea to a Mc Donald's

bag thrown out of a car window, yes both biodegradable maybe but surely

newspaper in the sea with get waterlogged, breakup and disperse very

quickly indeed which obviously will not happen to the Mc Donald's bag.

Tim B-)

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

like sf.org rules is rules now if myself was at a fresh water lake then yes ya keep the noise to a min but im sure the fish wont hear you from the pier,, but maybe im wrong.. so for an example if some 1 broke there rod and started sweraing and cursing then wouldn't they be right in doing so or any mistake they make?? i'd dare you to tell em to shut up cause i know i wouldnt cause every one gets frustrated at times ,,myself pays the money for the season ticket not that it makes me any different to any other angler but night time is when all most of the day trippers have gone as you'll find when walking up there just b4 there about to leave and look around there's papers and everything near them,, when you finish your fishing and walk back the angler wont be there but hey presto there rubish still will be (not all day anglers are like this as i know season and non season ticket holders that do days),, you will find that the more respectalbe walton pier angler is 1 who has a season ticket as they want to be able to fish it yr in yr out (not sayin that all season ticket holders are like this) but the ones i know are,, mayb this should all be takin up with the pier management to see if theres something they would do (im sure they'll say nothing) as how could they manage it?? they cant even manage to get day anglers off at the right time.. this type of thing would run and run and where you wouldnt like to name and shame them which on an open post is fair and also not allowed why not send them people a PM so they know who they are so they can look at changing there ways.. its a better option all round,,

simon

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

All I can say is if that is the level of disruption / littering (chucking Newspaper wrapping which I fully admit to doing as it is bio- degradable into the drink as 'snagger' has already said, I do it to gauge the speed /direction of the tide ).....a few guys 'ribbing' each other albeit in a loud manner as long as they are not threatening anyone else, GORD you must have lead a really sheltered life ..............ALL the chaps who have responded in this posting to a man, are the 'Salt of the Earth' types and wouldn't mistreat any fish, or disrespect other Anglers , I know this because Iv'e fished with them all and always had the best of times.

Regards......JOLI

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

very kind words JOLI cheers mate

any chance that yourself and whelkie can make the annual fish chucking comp 11/12 dec at walton, hopefully you can, its a daytime one

it would be great to see you guys before xmas for a dangle

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

This topic could go on and on without opinions being changed.
I organise monthly events on the Thames and always have input of some kind to any boat and charity events througout the year.
We as a unit have fished Walton pier on a number of accasions and I have always been proud to be a member of this forum due to the ettiquette of its members.
On our comps our rubbish is always taken home our fishing marks always left as they are found.
The boats we charter are always cleaned before we disembark and I think(and hope) the skippers we use are pleased to allow us back due to the way we not only respect the fish we catch.
The fish we do catch are always returned as safe and healthy as possible unless we take a few home for eating (These are only taken if they are landed dead or are over the allowed size by the NFSA)
Our banter on these events is always full and yes if we are fishing a public event then we respect those around us and do have a lot of decoram.
I hope we can all enjoy our fishing events in the future both alone and as a forum.
Cabrat

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

sadly guys.i believe this thread has run its course.....i will not lock it at this stage. if anyone has anything new or constructive to add feel free otherwise why keep the embers of dispute burning!

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hiya Aston, I really would be up for the 12th myself & 'Whelkie' will attend if at all possible. However, 'Whelkie is up Carlisle for the 'Daggers match on the 11th and at the moment my 8 week old Granddaugter is in Hostpital quite poorly and I'm to and fro to Broomfield Chelmsford all the time but if things improve and pick-up and 'Whelkie' doesn't over do it........lol, lol we will do our darndest to be there.

Best wishes and hopes for a happy xmas to the "wild-bunch'.....JOLI /WHELKIE :D

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

hi mate
it would be great to see you both if you can make it
good luck to whelkie and the daggers, and i hope everything turns out well for you with the little one in hospital

aston