winter fishing mark

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
bluelion
Occasional
Occasional

winter fishing mark

Post by bluelion »

I wonder if anyone knows a good winter fishing mark around the canvey island area? i have heard of a place called the drop where deep water is fairly close in. I know the lobster smack pub so if anyone could give me directions from there i would appreciate it.......The normal place i fish is thuurock marshes and that has not had a good year so i am looking to travel up river a bit more........

lowz31

Post by lowz31 »

The drop is a low water mark which has access to very deep water. The easiest way to find is to park at the end of thorney bay caravan park go up the steps and walk to the right. Once you come to the little style type obstacle go over this an up and over the sea wall on the steps just before the bend. once over keep walking right untill the corner where at low water the rocks will be on view. Go onto the rocks and this is the drop!! You dont get too long to fish here, 2 hours either side of low if you are lucky. BEWARE you will need to keep a constant retrive when winding in due to the snags and your line catching the ledge of the drop of. Saying all this this is a good mark to get that winter biggy! You could also try along the sea wall from the holiday camp. This is a comfortable mark to fish with lots of whiting and the odd codling being caught on the night tides.

Hope this is of some help

Lowz31

bluelion
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bluelion »

Thanks mate top reply, i will enter it into my book for the future weeks..........

burger

curry point

Post by burger »

curry point in stanford le hope is a good mark in summer and winter let me know if you need directions.

burger