Bait!

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
mentalextra

Bait!

Post by mentalextra » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:28 pm

I've been asking a few questions about the sport as I've been out for a few years (more than a few). Is ordering bait by mail order the way to do it now, or order it and pick up from tackle shops? Do Bowlers at Fiddlers still do sea bait? Also there used to be a tackle shop in Green lane, Ilford that ordered in good lug, but I dont think its there anymore

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:55 pm

BOWLERS is now run / owned by the same chap' Merv' who had 'Bromages' in Green Lane and Bromages is now no longer in business, Merv amalgamated them both and now trades from Bowlers Angling Cinema Parade, Dagenham which is / was Bowlers original premises ...............that is the good news!!!!!!!!, the bad news is he doesn't do Sea bait i.e. worm, peeler ect , check out the 'sticky' in the Thames forum that deals with tackle shops, it gives info re bait locally.

JOLI

mentalextra

Post by mentalextra » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Thats a shame. I remember Bromages bait being ok and they never let me down. Is sea bait available at any tackle shops in East London/Essex area?