IRON MAN!!!!!

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
mentalextra

Post by mentalextra » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi mate, I assume the Iron man is marking the deeper water. How deep is it and is there a "sweet spot" there?

jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jay180 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:23 pm

great pics mate, never heard of the iron man.. i work just over the river and have walked along the kent side and never noticed the iron man when looking over.. looks a good spot to fish
jay

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Guys , Myself & whelkie took a trip to the 'Iron man' today just to give it a go and find out what is occuring, still a little bit slow but it will pick up I'm sure over the next few weeks of that I'm sure .

how deep is it ???????...........at H/w approx 20 ' , sweet spots ??????........pick your own ,thats not being clever it is just up to you it varies all the time, although up by the Tilda plant it is sometimes storming.

JOLI ;)

mentalextra

Post by mentalextra » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi mate. I was just interested if your tactic was to cover the shallower area or the deeper gulley further out past the iron man. I was over wildspace country park just after Christmas and thought it had possibilities but it doesnt often get a mention on the forum.

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:40 pm

http://www.thediversculpture.com/

CHECK THIS WEB-SITE OUT, all the history
of the ironman, I find it quite sad yet inspiring at the same time, it is truly a tranquil location, magical even!!!!!!!!!!!........... it has to experienced at close hand to appreciate the beauty/ rawness of it

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Nice post and pics guys,

have walked near there but never fished.

Definately need to take a rod and gear down there one day.

Cabrat

redleg
Occasional
Occasional

Post by redleg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:03 pm

joliroger wrote:http://www.thediversculpture.com/

CHECK THIS WEB-SITE OUT, all the history
of the ironman, I find it quite sad yet inspiring at the same time, it is truly a tranquil location, magical even!!!!!!!!!!!........... it has to experienced at close hand to appreciate the beauty/ rawness of it
Have never fished it myself , but i have heard it can throw up a few good bass. :D

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Hi
Redleg howaya, last season a few 10 lb'ers showed up!!!!!!!!!!!, can't wait till the temp goes up and stays up, ..........game on!!!!!!!.......JOLI

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:15 pm

sorry
i wont fish somewhere like that
a bit CHAVVY for me :D :D :D :D :D

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Sat May 01, 2010 7:24 am

No seriously it's not too bad at all, although I do admit sometimes, on occasions it gets a little 'Chivvy' what with the East wind blowing down the river but I've never noticed it being 'Chavvy', my lips get a little 'Chappy' but I cure that with a trip to my local 'Chippy'and at the end of the day I'm a reet 'appy Chipper, Chappy'..................aahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))........JOLI........lol

Snagger

iron man

Post by Snagger » Sat May 01, 2010 7:47 am

Hey Aston 'BRUV',

Duno wot ya probs,

Slip me sum skin and Hush ya Gums,

INIT INIT INIT

ROFLMFOA

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

macer
Global Moderator