Scars Elbow

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
Snagger

Scars Elbow

Post by Snagger »

Hi all,
Well, 3 of us fished Scars Elbow last night and caught & small Bass + 2 very small Pouting, crabs were stripping bait big time.

All fish caught on Lug Worm baits, I had 4 on size 1 mustard hooks 2 hook fixed patts.

A really nice Bass caught by my mate well 1LB+ I reckon using Lug Worm and 2.0 hook 2ft snood with black and yellow beads and a small spoon for good measure.

fished 2 hrs up + 2hrs down had so many bites we must have missed 20 at least, all in all a very enjoyable night,
Tim.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............Glad to see it's picking up..............JOLI

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

well done tim.........not risked the oj yet then!!

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Post by essexkenny »

Popped down there myself for a couple of hours this afternoon, from around 3ish til about 5.30.................

Used some blow lug, squid and mackerel for baits/cocktails and didnt have anything other than one small codling.

Was a fair bit of an easterly wind blowing though, dont know wether this had much to do with it??

Still, not a bad afternoon in the end :D

Snagger

OJ ?????

Post by Snagger »

sorry to say I cant do the OJ as I am not one for heights, did try it one got half way along and bottled lol.

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Great report Snagger and well done for bagging a few =D>

In all fairness you was over the worst part if you were half way down the OJ, its a lot better at the dog leg as the jetty is closer to the water.

Cheers macer :D

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Well done Snagger,did you loose much gear.lol

Snagger

canvey

Post by Snagger »

lmao shadow,
never lost a thing me old mate.

looks like we gona be fishing in your neck of the woods for the next match, i recon that gives you an unfair advantage lol.