Further information re 3rd meet thames forum league

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
redleg
Occasional
Occasional

Post by redleg »

Could try Grays Wharf ! one point for a sole and 5 bonus points for a 41cm bass :D

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

That would give Gregg the Wharf Bas Master too much of an advantage lol lol lol

But no joking aside we will be fishing the Wharf at some stage of the year.

Would May be a good time for sole bashing or some nice Bass or would it be better for June????

Help me out guys please

or where could we try for Raymondo's on a day tide.

Cabrat
Last edited by Cabrat on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redleg
Occasional
Occasional

Post by redleg »

May will see the sole move further up the river.Late evening tides are best for bigger bags of sole and a chance of large bass.
June would be ok at Grays! but there is another forum comp at the wharf near the end of June.
Sheppy might produce a ray at the end of May! maybe shadow could shed some more light on that tho?

Snagger

Further Info

Post by Snagger »

Hi all,
I know you cant smoke on Southend Pier (and I am a heavy smoker) and it isn't cheep to park either, but how bout a match on the pier and Target Garr, Scad or Ballan Wrasse in late July.

As this is The Thames Charity League how can we possibly not have a match on its most famous land/sea mark.

Who knows, Southend Borough Council may even allow us a Parking Permit as we are raising funds for there RNLI.

Tim.

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

im going to try my damed hardest to make the 3rd 1, my only problem is is that ill be gettin off a plane at 2 sat morning so wont get much sleep lol, as for help there has been a number of people offer there services to do reckies and take a load of the work but it ended up that we lost a member due to how people reacted to it,

as for southend pier SNAGGER how about ringing or emailing the southend council and see what they say as it would be nice like the walton 1 if we could do it for free , like you im a heavy smoker but 6 hr's without a fag should be ok as ill make up for it when we get off lol

as for the next 1 anywhere gets my vote lol, but mayb it could be time to do the evening/night 1? also a good place would be orford island/ holland haven,clacton, and st osyth (but a long walk though) shoebreness could be another 1, as theres loads of places to do it when it's thought about

simon

Snagger

Further Info

Post by Snagger »

I will phone SOS council later today and feel them out Simon.

St Osyth Beach hm hmm my favourite venue, yes it is a hell of a walk but we could Target Stingray in May/June,
Tim.

waterman
Occasional
Occasional

Post by waterman »

I have a meeting with southend concil on Friday so I will be asking them about fishing the pier. will let you know what happened

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Sounds like things are back on an even keel, plenty of input and interest.............................methinks it could be a goer under these circumstances.........................'ROLL ON'.

JOLI :D

PS SARF'END PIER AINT A BAD VENUE

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

hello all,

sorry for not being in here the last few weeks but as the sole season is now fully underway ive been so busy running the trawler,

i think southend pier would be a great idea, with maybe a point for every garr caught,

if we wanted to target rays for the may one i reckon leysdown would b a good bet,

what about trying out a boat trip in the summer, maybe cliffe and ray would b interested in sorting something out,

cheers shane

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Nice to see you back Shane
I know you been busy after speaking to you weekend........
And hey guys thanks for all the input
See this is your event I am just trying to organise it for you all and with my limited experience in organising and catching fish lol I need all the help and assistance i can get ha ha. (Got it in before you did Kopite)
We will do a night fish on the right tide keep the suggestions coming please
We try and meet at the end of the month from say the 25th to the 31st of the month so if anyone see's a good tide on a day between these dates for May/June and the type of fish we can target then please please please put the suggestions forward.

Thanks Cabrat "Dave"

merris999
Occasional
Occasional

Post by merris999 »

I was going to suggest what Codcrazy suggested, a target ray match on the island,

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

the only thing with Leysdown (in my limited experienced opinion) is that you've got to be lucky to catch a ray and just as lucky to have anything on a scratching rod,whereas if you go to say Sandwich in May you've got a bit more of a chance of a ray and also you can keep busy with a scratching rod pulling in flatties,whitting,pouting,doggies and maybe bass.Is there anywhere north of the river that you can target rays but also pick up other stuff on a scratcher,as virtually all of the people supporting these meets come from 'north of the river' Sandwich would be a bit of a trek.

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

just trying to upload some pics of the venue,but be warned....it's not pretty.lol

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

the view from the car park
from the top of the steps looking right
looking right over the wall
looking straight down
looking across to tilbury
looking left at Snaggers Swim.lol
photos taken at low water