Further information re 3rd meet thames forum league

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
joliroger

Further information re 3rd meet thames forum league

Post by joliroger »

It seems to have gone a 'tad quiet'..................is it still on ???,......any updates ?????....................Cheers .JOLI :-S

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

i aint heard nothing either mate apart from that its at gravesend

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

I think it's going to be behind the retail park pretty much opposite Tilbury Ferry,i've never fished down there but once it's confirmed i'll pop down there at low water and try to get some pictures uploaded.Also if it is there it might work out better for some of you to come over on the ferry and i could run a shuttle service with all you gear.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hi Shadow mate howaya, well I hope.!!!..............Myself and Whelkie were down Tilbury the other day and I was looking at the area you are describing..............it looked to me a very 'muddy'area which in my opinion is good, great for Flatties.............any idea where 'Codcrazy' has gone no word from him about the meet for nearly two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! after all he is supposed to be one of the organizers, what's occurred???? is he off line or what ??????, can anyone throw any light on the subject????

ALL THE BEST ................JOLI

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

he is the proverbial scarlet pimpernel lol. must be hauling them nets!!

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Oh well never mind...........didn't cost nothing, could have been a good idea..............just think it's a shame.

Cheers ........JOLI

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

i think cabbus is taking over the 'baton' so to speak. perhaps one or two others could lend him a hand, as i am sure he would relish the assiatance lol.

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Sorry guys,

Yes it is still on and yes Lee it is behid the Retail park.
We will be there before the Sunday shoppers and there is toilets and food nearby.

Got really busy since i came back off holiday and trying to play catch up.

The league match will go ahead as per the thread details and i will find out the postcode asap.

Thanks for all the responses I will run as long as people are interseted in doing it.

Cabrat

redleg
Occasional
Occasional

Post by redleg »

kopitecol wrote:i think cabbus is taking over the 'baton' so to speak. perhaps one or two others could lend him a hand, as i am sure he would relish the assiatance lol.
Mmm Cliff was going to take up the mantle!
But as he says "A few were also a bit put out that the organiser had to pull out at the last minute, and the talk was to have one person that does not have the ties of family etc. and that could be there at every match, unless otherwise arranged, and would not have to drop out at the last minute......I did volunteer as I have no family, and currently no work committments, but this is entirely down to everybody else, there may be better people that would like to do this?? ".
The offer was there ! and now we have lost a member due to some people not backing him up.

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Hi Paul,

I did notice the thread and asked openly that anyone can assist or help but got no reply."Cliff especially"
I texted him the other week as i did with evryone who i have on my phone, but he said being as he did not get the backing then he was a little upset and wouldn't be attending the third match.

I just don't want this meet every month to crumble as its a good chance to have a laugh do what we enjoy doing "Fishing" and raise some monies for the RNLI.

Have not heard from Shane since i was on holiday on or off the forum so am doing the best i can to keep its momentum going.

Cabrat

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Well done Dave i'll try and get down and take some photos at low water,went down there the other day to have a look and there's a few shopping trolleys close to the wall so i'll take some chalk down and mark them up except the one in Snaggers peg.lol

Snagger

3rd charity match

Post by Snagger »

Shadow mate,
dont forget your water wings on the off chance that your peg is next to me lol.
Cabrat,
i dont see any reason our monthly matches wont continue, its a great idea and a very worthy cause, if any body dont wont to join in cos they dont get there own way, well, that to me seems a bit daft as the RNLI and those who dont attend are the only losers.

And lighten up everyone, to organise these meets aint that easy, most of us have our family and lives to live, i have ran Martial Arts Clubs for 10yrs and unless you have had involvement in running /organising clubs/meets then you have no idea of the commitment you are making its not as easy as you think.
Instead of moaning we should all be patting Cabus on the back for the time and effort he puts into this, and also Kopite for standing in last minute.
Tim.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Well done Cabrat on taking up the baton.......................'Rock -on'!!!!!!!!!!!

JOLI

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

i myself did back cliff for helping cabrat and codcrazy at these events as it seems a shame to lose a member who felt that they didnt have the backing

simon

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

I know Cliff offered and i would of wlcomed his assistance but hey ho things happen.
This was set up as a monthly meet with a chance to all have a little sport banter and get some cash for a worthy cause.
Yes I have got commitments but will carry on as long as all you guys keep turning up and supporting it.
Luckily Frozentoes understands and supports my time sorting this out.
Like i have said from the beginning all input and advice from you guys is gratefully accepted

Where do yu want the 4th one to be and what we gonna target
All advice much appreciated.

Cabrat