Thames forum at Walton pier charity meet

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Thames forum at Walton pier charity meet

Post by kopitecol »

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

where do i begin firstly i would like to inform the british telecom that i found 2 of your telegraph poles being used on walton pier as some 1 try'd to hide them up by putting eyes on them and using them as fishing rods lol

i arrived at walton at about 6:45 as id got a phone call from RV50 that the cafes didnt open untill 8:30 so i thought id get there even if it was just to keep him company, whilst waitng at my car up pulled ASTON74 and REDLEG, so after reciving a text that a cafe was open we headed that there. just about to drink my tea then got a phone call from KOPITE for cafe directions, after a good fill we headed down to the front of the pier by this time with THE SHADOW,MACER, JOLIROGER and IAN so a good group was forming whilst waiting outside the pier we were then joined by DUCKER WATERMAN SNAGGER and SNAGGERS WIFE we headed onto the pier at about 8:45 as we was all keen. then walked 100yds past the fishing hut as thats where i decided i wanted to fish and then every1 dropped right nxt to me lol although the fishing was hit and miss (more miss for me) the bites kept coming in stage's where it would be all action (for every1 else)and then dead again (story of my day) at least it werent a total wash out as fish and WATER were present and well done to all who showed there face as it was a great day and i didnt mind the stick some1 had to have cabrats job
well done to the overall winner on the day SWEATY SOCK

after the comp there was a few of us that stayed to do an evening sesh JOLIROGER,IAN,THE SHADOW,MACER,DUCKER,REDLEG,ASTON74 AND RV50 as soon as the baits went into the water it wa straight into bites with MACER hitting a little codling and myself gettin a POUNTING (not a total blank afterall, could of come during the day though so i didnt keep gettin the stick lol (know how ya feel CABRAT LOL) WELL DONE TO ALL WHO SATYED AND ENJOYED THE EVENING as no1 blanked sorry i mean JOLIROGER did but wont give him to much stick as it was a long day

it was nice meeting with old and new faces (not a dig at you ducker lol) as i had a great day and roll on the next 1

simon
im sure some1 will fill in the bits i missed

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

what a great day
lots of highs but not any lows in my opinion
it was great to meet some of the thames chaps that i hadnt met before
i have decided to list the highs in order of merit
1/ the clown determined not to lose his rig by the hut..he now has a 3 piece rod instead of a 2 piece =)) =)) =)) =))
2/ EDWARDS running to his favourite spot ( marker 61 ) only to find the fish were on holiday :D :D :D
3/ REDLEG, showing off...demonstrating how he can cast around corners
4/ REDLEG again..proving he can cast 60 yards, and also still cross the lines of 3 strangers who are fishing 55 yards away =)) =)) =))
5/ Me leading the comp for the first 15 minutes with a 20 cm pouting
6/ EDWARDS, for just being EDWARDS...you should write a book mate..THE REASON I AINT CATCHING IS ...............
7/ JOLI & SON IAN...at the end of the comp..IAN turned to JOLI and said.............do you ever catch fish dad............PRICELESS :D :D :D :D
8/ SNAGGER....i guess we all know where the name comes from now =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
9/ IAN desperate not to blank, trying to weigh in a whelk
10/ REDLEG...showing off his beautiful glitzy, sparkly new loop rig, 1st cast...WHAM..straight into a snag =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) ..its a good job you bought 2 of them along mate
11/ did i mention EDWARDS blanking :D :D :D :D :D :D
There were loads of other great moments, far too many for me to sit here all day typing
pics will follow very shortly
A GREAT DAY OUT WITH A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS AND GAL, AND ALL FOR A GREAT CAUSE

congrats to SWEATY for winning...well done mate

P.S........JOLI, IAN,CLIFF AND EDWARDS.....next comp.....please put some effort in =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Another great day that i was pleased to be part of,ok the fishing wasn't fantastic but the Venue,Weather,company and Banter were all Top Drawer.

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

WALTON COMP PICS

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

I would echo all that has been said..................Great day all round company and weather,well done especially 'Sweaty'on his victory =D> =D> =D> .............However, there has been reports of 'Midget submarine craft' lingering in the vicinity of the pier head area'dragging unsuspecting Anglers fishing line underneath the Pier........sabotage is a nasty business BE CAREFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)) .

JOLI

Snagger

Walton match

Post by Snagger »

Hi all,
well what can I say, the Mrs and I had a great day on the pier with you guys, I do love the banter,
great fun and atmosphere, it was nice to see a most of us had a fish or two and all in the name of The R.N.L.I. a very worthy cause.

I would be very interested to here what was caught by all those who stayed after the match and fished after darkness.

A big thank you to the organisers and here's looking forward to the next match hope to see you all there,
Tim.

Ps :- is Shadow still fishing =)) =)) =)) =))

redleg
Occasional
Occasional

Post by redleg »

aston74 wrote:what a great day
lots of highs but not any lows in my opinion
it was great to meet some of the thames chaps that i hadnt met before
i have decided to list the highs in order of merit
1/ the clown determined not to lose his rig by the hut..he now has a 3 piece rod instead of a 2 piece =)) =)) =)) =))
2/ EDWARDS running to his favourite spot ( marker 61 ) only to find the fish were on holiday :D :D :D
3/ REDLEG, showing off...demonstrating how he can cast around corners
4/ REDLEG again..proving he can cast 60 yards, and also still cross the lines of 3 strangers who are fishing 55 yards away =)) =)) =))
5/ Me leading the comp for the first 15 minutes with a 20 cm pouting
6/ EDWARDS, for just being EDWARDS...you should write a book mate..THE REASON I AINT CATCHING IS ...............
7/ JOLI & SON IAN...at the end of the comp..IAN turned to JOLI and said.............do you ever catch fish dad............PRICELESS :D :D :D :D
8/ SNAGGER....i guess we all know where the name comes from now =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
9/ IAN desperate not to blank, trying to weigh in a whelk
10/ REDLEG...showing off his beautiful glitzy, sparkly new loop rig, 1st cast...WHAM..straight into a snag =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) ..its a good job you bought 2 of them along mate
11/ did i mention EDWARDS blanking :D :D :D :D :D :D
There were loads of other great moments, far too many for me to sit here all day typing
pics will follow very shortly
A GREAT DAY OUT WITH A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS AND GAL, AND ALL FOR A GREAT CAUSE

congrats to SWEATY for winning...well done mate

P.S........JOLI, IAN,CLIFF AND EDWARDS.....next comp.....please put some effort in =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Cracking report roy.I agree with everything you said, except my new rig...!The MOD have developed for the SAS a gun that can shoot round corners.I have invented a rig for cabrat that casts round corners (the loop the loop rig) and catches fish.=)) =)) =)) =)) . Anyway it was a cracking day with good company. >:D< PS well done Sweaty

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Yep my sentiments as all the above, great day with a great bunch and plenty of banter.

Its a shame the fishing picked up after the comp but hey ho thats fishing. I still ended up with a mixed bag and few more species to my 2010 list!!!

It was also great to meet some new faces who we will hopefully see again.

Well done to all =D>

Cheers macer :D

waterman
Occasional
Occasional

Post by waterman »

Great Day. Thank you
Last edited by waterman on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

also a big thank you to KOPITECOL for mediation, orginization, prizegiving and generally keeping a bunch of grown up kids in order :D :D

also

for keeping EDWARDS 73 constantly supplied with dry hankys cos he blanked =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
well done mate

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

it amazing what can happen on ya home venue but thats fishing for ya and in the end roy i leveled the score to 6 all so not a bad days fishing after all

well done again each and all and a big thankyou to kopite for takin charge after codcrazy had to work and cabrat was on holiday

simon (comp blanker) edwards

ps i will add i werent the only 1 lol
hay joli, ducker ,ian and rv50,,,,,

R50v2

Post by R50v2 »

Got to agree with everything that everybody has said already.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Company and the Banter...

Just would like to say that I was determined not to blank, so stayed with the others till late and finally caught a small bass...so :P

Thanks to Simon for showing me a new knot that won't make the worm explode just putting it on..lol..and for explaining the rig I was attempting to use but didn't get right...lol

Thanks also to Joli for giving me a cup of tea when I most needed it....and as promised I won't mention that you blanked ;) oops!

Not too sure whether to thank Lee for supplying his own wind? I think he was trying to start a bit of a blow to stir the water up a bit...well he didn't stop trying the whole day & night long so I assume that was what he was doing...just glad I don't do the washing... =))

I was lucky enough to be between Mr.Orange Line & Mr.Yelloe Line, both crossing me from both angles....lol....can recommend the new style self lifting leads, I didn't get tangled once with either of the above mentioned anglers, it came skipping across the water between them..

Really looking forward to the next one..can't wait to meet you all again, thanks for a great day out >:D<

Cliff

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

well done everybody,

thankyou col for sorting the day at short notice :)

thankyou simon for providing a top notch venue with WATER :)

congratulations sweaty for being the first league match winner, i have a small trophy for your efforts which i will give to u on the next one :D

sorry i couldnt go, seemed like it was a cracking day out as usual with the thames boys,

once again well done everybody

redleg
Occasional
Occasional

Post by redleg »

aston74 wrote:also a big thank you to KOPITECOL for mediation, orginization, prizegiving and generally keeping a bunch of grown up kids in order :D :D

also

for keeping EDWARDS 73 constantly supplied with dry hankys cos he blanked =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
well done mate
Nothing more to add, Except ! Well done to all of you for turning it into another great meet.

PS. Had we done the measure rule, aston74 would have won the comp with the total length of fish caught,And sweaty would still have won the sweep with the bigest fish.
Imo this should be the way to go for the next comp.