Benfleet Creek today

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
RichB

Benfleet Creek today

Post by RichB »

Hello everyone

All seems very quiet out there so i decided to fish Benfleet Creek today after reading good reports in the papers. Weather great, bait great, fishing poor "no fish" not even a bite" only fished 2hrs up 1hr down using lug on 1 hook & a 1 hook pulley size 2s. i gave it a go.

stillsy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stillsy »

Hi Rich,

does it normally fish well there? I have often been tempted to try where the water goes up past Leigh station round two tree island - do people catch anywhere round there?

Paul

RichB

Post by RichB »

Hello Paul

I have had some great flounder down the creek in the years, try fishing on the Benfleet side take the slip road on the left - before the road goes over the bridge onto canvey from Benfleet.Park near the gate but don't block the gate then walk to the start of the country park past all the moorings and there is a pub on route which is an old boat nice pint on the way back when you have had a good fishing session, once through the gate at the country park its about 10 min walk until you reach some saltings and you will see the boat channels into a v shape fish on this corner. It maybe that i was to early try April May when the peelers are ok as bait.

good luck

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Shame the fishy's were not biting, anyway at least you are getting out and giving it a go, well done.

Cheers macer :D

raydo123

Benfleet creek

Post by raydo123 »

My boat is moored in the middle of Ben creek.. It used to fish fantastic for flatties.
Sadly the seals moved in and they disappeared. I tried a couple of times last year when it was a bit windy to go off shore. The great news was we caught loads of schoolies and a few decent flatties and among the small schoolies were a few biggish ones (2-3lb).
If you plan fishing from the bank.. only go where you can reach the middle of the channel (try the Victorian jetty) where you can cast into the middle of the joining channels. It is best without a doubt to fish a small tide, dont know why but when we used to fish comps along there we would not catch much on anything over a 5 meter tide.
As soon as peelers come in, it starts fishing well.. April (weather permitting) should be good.
If you want to fish from a boat let me know and you can fish off my mooring or skiff (you will need to row unless you have a small outboard)
Ray