southend waters

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
stillsy
Occasional
Occasional

southend waters

Post by stillsy »

Missed the Echo's "detailed sea angling report" this week - thinking about drowning a few worms tomorrow & just wondering has any one had any luck recently?

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Is the Echos report on line???, most local rags have digital versions now.
JOLI

stillsy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stillsy »

Hi Joli,

more than a hint of sarcasm about my comments re local rag - the editor seems to think that only freshwater fishing deserves a full report - the only feature on sea fishing this week is about the Florida keys

Sea fishing is definately the poor relation a brief round up is usually provided but I do mean brief

Paul s

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

OK Mate I hear what you are saying............and sorry to say yeah, thought as much!!!!!!!!! but weren't sure, they sure do seem to be ashamed of their sea fishing heritage in Southend, dont know why ???it is crazy !!!!!!!!.
My honest opinion is dont go this week , leave it until the temp goes up at least 2-3 degrees and this rain eases off for at least 3-4 days and all this rainwater has left the Estuary, it is a slow time ,it will pick up sorry to say around the back end of April, hope you make me look a real 'Chump' and prove me wrong and do well, but dont hold your breath .

you take it easy, all the best...............JOLI

stillsy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stillsy »

well me & my sons gave it a good go, some nice worms from Jetty Anglers, flat calm sea & the sun on our faces................ and not a fish in sight.

here's to next time :D