SOUTHEND PIER

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
joliroger

SOUTHEND PIER

Post by joliroger »

Made my mind up.......................gonna give the Pier a go midweek and try and sort out some Flounder or maybe if I'm fortunate a Dab or two, where Im gonna give it a go won't have much chance of a Cod but i suppose you have to be realistic ...........anyone been up lately and caught ??

JOLI

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

good luck Joli
he who dares, wins mate :D :D

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Ain't that the truth......................cheers, thanks.

JOLI

Snagger

Post by Snagger »

3 of us fished the pier,s Extension with 5 rods for 7 hours and not a bite between us last weekend, so pick the bones out of that lol.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

You fished the wrong part for this time of year Snagger. ;) ...........forget the Prince George extension try further back toward either the 'Gut' or the 'Ray' channels.........................having said that now the weather has changed not sure its worth the hassle & frosbite for a few Flatties , the extension will pick up in the next couple of weeks ........might leave it until then .However, I will take a trip to the pier mid-week probally won't fish though, why ???.........cos I love Southend :D .........you take it easy mate, all the best ............................JOLI

Southender
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Southender »

The Southend lads have been doing very well on west beach lately for flounder action, make sure you use some stinky lug though.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Cheers thanks for the info Southender

JOLI

stillsy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stillsy »

where do you mean by west beach southender?

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

from top end of Thorpe bay up to Shoeburyness if I remember right 8->

JOLI

Snagger

southend pier

Post by Snagger »

thanks for the info Joli, sounds like you fish the pier quite a lot, you recon its worth getting a nite pass?,

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hi Snagger, .....do IThink that its worth getting a night pass for the Southend Pier?????.........its totally your shout, if you live near enough maybe, for me no, I used to have a pass and was up there every Fri or Sat night depending on what shift pattern I was on at the time and to be honest I found that I did as good if not better during the day time. like Ive said the extension is not the only place to fish, don't get me wrong it has its place but the shelters can be quite productive also and you should give them a go I saw a 'stonking' Bass landed last spring from the 1st shelter taken on Mackeral feathers.

Update :D ...........just arrived back from the Pier or not !!!!!!!!! ,got there just as the tide was turning collected worm from 'Jetty Anglers'.....top draw bait and very helpful staff >:D< ,we parked up outside pier, went to go on.................."pier closed due to adverse weather"!!!!!!! X(
..................JOLI

Snagger

southend pier

Post by Snagger »

by the looks of the weather reports for this week i recon it could be closed till early next week :(

richard2112

Post by richard2112 »

You used to be able to get some really chunky flounders of the stem at this time of year - around second shelter using rag.

Snagger

southend pier

Post by Snagger »

thanks richard i may give it a go over the weekend

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hi SNAGGER.......If you are chasing Flatties you couldn't do any better than go around the back of 'Adventure island' it is free, comfortable and in the past Iv'e had some really big flounders there!!!!!! but the advice Richard2112 gave is sound also, the second shelter is good !!

JOLI