FISHING ON CANVEY

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
dick19666

FISHING ON CANVEY

Post by dick19666 »

hi all this is my first post and happy christmas to you all,im thinking of fishing scars elbow point next week could anyone give me an idea of how its fishing please....

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi Dick, not my area, but welcome to the forum. and merry xmas, and a very good new year. Cheers..Mick

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

hi dick.........not been many reports on scars lately. but it should fish better than any other shore mark on the island at the moment. just dont go to far towards the jetties as large tackle losses could be forecast. oj is still fishing well...but its a long haul!!! good luck and let us know how u get on.

welcome aboard too >:D<

dick19666

FISHING ON CANVEY

Post by dick19666 »

cheers for the info kopitecol i will fish just past the last set of steps at the point of scars elbow just before the drop,i have fished canvey for the last 25 years having been brought up on the island but have been fishing mainly walton and dunganess, hyth for the past 3 years,As the cod fishing has improved in recent years i have decided to give canvey a good hammering from now till end of march i will keep everyone informed of my progress...i have never fished the OJ but would like to give it a go im not to fussed about the walk i have been impressed with the reports of catches from the OJ on this forum.

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

A warm welcome to the site mate >:D<

Good luck in all your future fishing adventures

Cheers macer :D

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

no problems dick hope it helps you.

should really be thinking about an oj meet up for the forum members again like we did last year!!! perhaps will sort one out for feb?

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Took an early 'Constitutional' along the sea wall at 'Scars elbow' this lunch time..............shocked at the amount of crap strewn around i.e old Squid boxs, worm wrappings, tackle packets and lenghs of discarded mono .....................NOT a very good advert for Angling !!!!!!!!!!!!,.....cant understand why it was all this side of the wall, do they just throw it there or do they fish from the step and lay their rod against the SEA wall ...........................anyway a disgrace.

JOLI

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Rubbish

Post by essexkenny »

Personally i take a single carrier bag, and then all my worm wrappings, squid boxes etc go in that and get put in the first bin i happen to come accross. Personally I think its terrible, and as said by Joliroger gives us all a bad name!!! Ok there might not be a dustbin on route back to your car, but whats wrong with taking it home and putting it in the bin there ? X(
I was fishing from in front of the Labworth Cafe a week or two ago, and not long after i got there, lots more anglers turned up one by one all telling me that there was a match on and i was fishing on somebody's peg????
Carried on where i was, as i could see nothing anywhere that said i was on a peg, which did disgruntle a few.......
But I was there for around 3 hrs. Not many people caught much at all other than whiting.
But one thing i did keep a count of, was screwed up pages of newspaper floating past me. Well i stopped counting at 40.
Disgusting. X(
Rant Over................ Here's to good fishing in 2010 :D