COD CUP CHAMPION

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

COD CUP CHAMPION

Post by CodCrazy »

fished the RNLI open cod cup on sunday, it was 5lb and over only,
71 anglers turnt out and the boats ready for steaming, with the forecast 37knts s sw, we decided to use the trawler(nt cheating lol)

everyone else stayed in the medway and the mouth of it, but like crazy people we are we decided to venture outside, got down to sea reach 2 rockin an rollin by now, anchored down and begun our hunt for the big one,

only one fish was need to be crowned the champ, so ill skip to the good bit

everyone was catching fish, plenty of codling but all under 5lb, then 2 fish came aboard over 5 lb and i new i had some catching up to do,

low water came so we moved up river a bit, suddenly one of my baited 6/0 pennels was quickly scoffed and was pulled round hard, i lifted into a cracking fish, it took line, it crossed lines, then it surfaced, a huge monster wheighing in at 12lb 4oz, the only problem was that it was a skate, lol damn it it dnt count,

nearly time to go in and i had 3 cod under 5lb and 2 skate to 12lb 4, then i had a small bite, but connecting with something half decent, a dogged fight against the tide revealed a fat cod of 6lb 5oz, we went back in and up the pub for the weigh in and realised i had one by nearly 8oz,

i havnt caught a cod for 2yrs and to win the cod cup was certainly a right result, now all i gotta do is spend my winnings on a trophy cabinet lol

cheers shane :D :D :D :D :D :D

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

Great report Shane and well done on the win and fish:)

Craig

redleg
Occasional
Occasional

Post by redleg »

well done shane :D I bet col is bricking :-S :-S it now your fishing in cabrats team ;) :D

westy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by westy »

well done mate with the fish

conni

Post by conni »

hi shane
me and meathead was fishing at cliffe yesterday,there was one other fellow there,who told us he had 2, 5lbers the day before he did show us one of them that he had filleted so no reason not to believe him,got well excited,fished for about 5 hours not one cod between us,gets home then saw the report from the lengend (essex dangle),should have gone to the oj,
anyway i'll get to the point the fella who was fishing at cliffe told us about the comp you entered and told us that a 6.5 lb cod won the comp ,he said that some nutter actually went out of the medway really good to ear that it was you well done shane maybe see you around,

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

kopite should be bricking it allright lol :D

conni, thats the best part about running the trawler lol, 45 ton of steel sits in the water and hardly moves lol, i saw ed's report and was thinking of hitting the oj maself, hope to see u out there soon mate

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

a very well done codcrazy.........oh and there has been a cabinet reshuffle you are on my boat now....NOT!!!!!! lol.........kopites team will be able to claim to have beaten the rnli cod cup champ come 17th jan >:)

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Well done Codcrazy good practice for the real boat comp in January.

I see Kopite is worried lol lol lol >:) >:) >:)

Captain Cabbus

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

col ill deffinatly join ur boat .... NOT! lol, be afraid be very afraid lol >:)

cabbus just put me down the back and ill do the business for ya ;) :P

i hope we got a big enuff landing net lol :D :D :D

essexdangler
Regular
Regular

Post by essexdangler »

well done mr crazycod dnt start counting your chickens yet i aint even got in full swing yet i will get some coddies that day

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Nice on eCodcrazy, just bring one of ur trawl nets to land the fish for our winning crew hee hee.

No prob mate you can have the back of the boat along with Greg and his Christmas tree rigs lol lol lol >:) >:) >:) >:)

Captain Cabbus