First Look At The OJ

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

First Look At The OJ

Post by CodCrazy »

went up the oj for a walk this morning to get my bearings ready for my first trip up there next week,

the walk is neverending but well worth it, there was one bloke on the western side of the very end, he had a 3lb codling and a few pins, another group of anglers had been there 5 mins before i arrived and hadnt had a bite yet, they kept refering to essexdanglers 11lber so word gets around,

cant wait for next week, any one else up there next week?

cheers shane :D

essexdangler
Regular
Regular

Post by essexdangler »

i was going to take a walk but me car dead so coulnd get down there i may pop up and have ago or show you the ropes if you want let us know wot day

happy fishing

essex d

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Good luck mate...

I hope you have a few out over there ;)

Cheers macer :D

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

hello mate,

yer deff wanna give it a go, let me know when you fancy it and ill meet you there, i can do any day as im self employed,

whats baits and rigs would you use and whens the best time ie day night tides etc?

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

i might catch a fish or two if i survive that walk lol

essexdangler
Regular
Regular

Post by essexdangler »

day and night fish just the same running ledger and a whole squid i can do any week day as im on nights so i can go when i like i will prob think wed i ave a look at the tides

conni

Post by conni »

alright codcrazy,i was one the the group who you was talking to on there just to let you know we had 15 whiting between us ,i only had 2 ,but i also had a nice cod on, guessing around 5lb mark but lost it trying to get it onto the jetty,no drop net ,not as lucky as the essex dangler pulling up his big double ,maybe i'll learn a lesson from it,or maybe not,prob have another go tomorrow,

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hey Essexdangler ........................running ledger alright !!!!!!!!!! rock on!!!!!!!!!!!

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

sounds gd mate, jus let me knw wt time and ill meet u in the car park,

im gagging to go now lol

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

conni wrote:alright codcrazy,i was one the the group who you was talking to on there just to let you know we had 15 whiting between us ,i only had 2 ,but i also had a nice cod on, guessing around 5lb mark but lost it trying to get it onto the jetty,no drop net ,not as lucky as the essex dangler pulling up his big double ,maybe i'll learn a lesson from it,or maybe not,prob have another go tomorrow,
not bad then, well done giveing the weather conditions, whiting any size? hope you get the biggie tomorra, which one was you then?

essexdangler
Regular
Regular

Post by essexdangler »

keep things simples and you cant go wrong the harest thing about fishing is getting it in espically off the oj is aint the easest place to drop net on

conni

Post by conni »

alright codcrazy,i was the one with the bright flotation suit on,me and meathead will be there tomorrow around 12ish,everthing was caught on suid

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

alright conni, let us know how you get on, good luck and hope u get the biggie :D

ED thats too true, simple rigs nothing fancy and all will come right in the end :D

conni

Post by conni »

codcrazy just to let you know how we got on,arrived at 12 noon forgot my rods so instead of going back i borrowed one of meatheads,what a nice fellow,we had 8 whiting and a nice size dab caught on a whole squid with a 6/0 hook but no coddies

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy »

:-O forgot your rods :-O well good job meathead had a spare one for ya, did well on whitings again i see, are you sure u didnt foul hook the dab lol

well done for gettin out there and gettin a few, shame bout the cod, any one else fishing?

cheers shane :)