I am Back after a weeks fishing and eating LOL

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

I am Back after a weeks fishing and eating LOL

Post by Cabrat »

Hi all,

Yep got back early hours this morning in time for the comp tomorrow.

Ilfracombe went Sat 26th early start and hit Asda Taunton for full English breakfast m m m m m m Lovely Goliday starts here ha ha.

Took leisurly drive round the coast road with Frozentoes her daughter Sam and Sam's boyfriend Sean stopped at Lynton a beautiful little village on the waters edge which is steeped in history and oozes Devon in its Character.

Hit Ilfracombe and booked in to our Chalet after eating Cornish Pasties on the Harbour hee hee.(What diet).

Sean was eagr to go fishing but the girls wanted a lazy evening so out came the rods.

Went to Capstone rock and climbed over the walkway and onto the rocks.

No Bait so we tried feathers for mackeral at distace and lures both large and small DOH. nothing but what a lovely view see pics.

has Sean grown a Halo ????????

No bites no fish we went back hoping for better luck Sunday.

SUNDAY

Frozentoes and her new birthday present (Fri 2nd Oct she had the prezzie early lol)
I see Sam is using the lay down float fishing technique hee hee

Sean checking our rods out on the Rocky mark (lot of tackle loss) Mackie, Bluey, squid and Sandeel as bait

Game on LOL

Baby Pollock me thinks please correct me if i am wrong ??

It was a beutiful day as you can see and just heaven everyone whether you wanted them to or not stopped for a chat but it was so relaxed on that Sunday.....
No fish apart from Sean's
Lot of tackle gone including floats by the girls ha ha

Monday

Again weather beutiful and pretty busy on the lower pier but we set up and chatted to passers by.
No worm not due till Thursday DOH. Still on the 4 types of frozen offerings.

Not much doing off any anglers so didn't take many pics but Sean and i went back out on the night tide till about 10.30 Sean ahd a smallish flattie poss dab.

safetly returned argh bless 2 days 2 fish Cabrat Mr Blankety Blank mmmmmmmmmmmmm i did offer to throw him in with his begginers luck ha ha.

Tuesday.

Boat trip time on the Kingfisher with Paul the skipper....

Paul was an excellent Skipper took us to 2 marks offered to go on the wrecks but with the swell and wind guaranteed we would all throw up and hate the tri so put us on the first inshore mark.
All one side of the boat caught loads and our 4 my side had 3 fish between us Cabrat Blank on first mark DOH........
Ilfracombe dissappearing onto the distance.

Sean really is begining to annoy me now lol
He had around 8 or 9 fish on the first mark.

2nd mark 16 Congers caught on this very Rocky inshore mark
Ivan and Paul (the skipper) playing with one of his eels

And another DOH Cabrat still not caught ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I even got to hold one of the B***** things

Then at last i got a hell of a knock and reeled and reeled 10 mins before the trip was over
Its going on the Barbie with Seans Pollock .

ILfracombe as we came back.

Wednesday,
Still on frozen bait but Sean strikes again this time with a lobster just fraction under 2lb.it had line tangled round him took Seans bait and got caught in the hooks it came in bum first unlucky for him as he got caught that way and was cooked and eaten that night lol.

Larry the Lobster mmmmmmm
Oh and he brought in nice plaice that we gave to a lovely couple we had been fishing with most of the week.

Thursday,
After another Cabrat blank i am now wanting to push Sean in head first into the cold sea.
Again he hits a knock and plays a Tub Gurnard (more tea) lol
i couldn't even catch with damn worms !!!!!!

I even sent Sam and Sean crabbing in the hope fresh shell fish would help me.

Friday.
Frozentoes Birthday 21 again lol.
treat for the girls into the hills horse riding with Sam.
Afternoon fishing lol before packing up
I suffered crabs all week LOL

and Frozentoes wouldn't let me buty this chocolate Lolli DOH.

We all had a wonderful holiday the key to fishing Ilfracombe is use a crab line drop it over the side and catch loads and loads of fish.
Perhaps the place is over fished a lot of crossed lines as people fight for a bit of the sea near high tide.
Float fishing still ptoduced Garfish we saw an octopus reeled in about 8 flatties Sean had a boot lace eel on the night fish Monday and the girls switched to size 6 hooks and had a great time catching pin pouting pollock poor cod Blenneys and various other fish finger sized fish.

if you ever venture down there then please try the Kingfisher and skipper paul (he never stopped gaffing netting fixing rigs and still had a couple of fish himdelf on his rod.
Use after dark fishing as that seems better as daylight is too full of holiday makers like me ha ha

here are a couple of pictures of the view we had every morning and in and arounf Ilfracombe.

Last edited by Cabrat on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Cracking pictures and report mate well done to all.

How was the lobster mate???

Cheers macer :D

Realytangled
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Realytangled »

Nice photos looks like you all had a good time, you tell us all about it tomorrow.

Peter

conni

Post by conni »

As always great pictures and report cabrat,
did you bbq the gurnard,I had one on the bbq last week 1.5lb tasted lovely,