Whitehaven

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Whitehaven

Post by rabbi2 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:40 am

I am surprised that more of us in the Northwest don't give this place a bash.
Not too far away and suitable for both beginners and others alike. Casting is not a priority as most are caught well within 60yds or so and even the youngsters catch mackerel and flatties just beside the pier wall.

Produces a good mixed bag of whiting, coddling, mackerel (in the summer months) and of course the usual flatties.

Easy access with relatively good parking behind the supermarket. Has a good chippy for those who get peckish during the day (your mate can watch your tackle) and of course plenty of shops.

At the very least you get a change from the usual venues.
Cheers
keith :D :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Hey, I remember that chippy from years ago when we had a few days in the Lake District. Was the best chippy for miles around; there was an ancient steam tug in dock when we visited. Bit too far for a day trip for me though so guess I'll have to book a B & B sometime......

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Trip to

Post by rabbi2 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:18 am

A few of us are going up to Whitehaven for a days fishing sometime after the 6th of April. Date to be finalized later depending on tides and weather. Anyone interested can contact me. In some cases transport can be provided.
Cheers

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:30 am

Date has been fixed as the 15th which is on a Tuesday. So far there are 6 of us and we will be fishing the North wall. We should arrive about 10 am so if anyone wants to tag along you will be made welcome.
Cheers