Novice needs help

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
Fraccie

Novice needs help

Post by Fraccie » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:37 am

Hi guys, first off apologies for asking for help whilst only being a member for a short time, but I think i`m confusing myself.

I used to fly and coarse fish when |I was younger and have recently got the fishing bug again. I have been boat fishing a few times,but would like to get into shore /beachfishing.

I have been reading heaps of info on the net ,watching you tube vids etc etc, but,i`m the kinda guy who learns better by being shown things person to person.

So to my request,is there anybody in the East Lancs area who would be willing to take me fishing and showing me the basics? The more I read the more complicated it seems,I don`t think fishing should be complicated,so I think I just need showing the basics and I can work from there. I have a rod and reel with some terminal tackle,but really need help on how the terminal tackle needs setting up.I should be ok with casting.

I would ,of course,drive to wherever and collect any kind person willing to help me and drop them off at the end of the day.

For the record,i`m 47,male and live in the Blackburn area.

Hopefully one of you can help me out and get me started.

sp3ctrum
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sp3ctrum » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Hello and welcome to forum

I do a lot at Blackpool and bullnose fishing if you can get to preston bullnose friday evening i would gladly help you out mate even lend rod n reel..

Cheers ted ;)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:50 pm

I used to arrange meets with other members but after a while it dropped off, I am thinking of reviving it again as we used to do a few competitions as well.

I would be happy to help in any way whatsoever I can.
Please pm me.
Cheers
keith :D :D

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:21 pm

welcome to the forummate.dont apologise for asking for info,its the only way to learn.iam sure these guys will sort you out with all the advice you need.
mick.