Fleetwood

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fleetwood

Post by rabbi2 »

Well Im of to Fleetwood today with my mate Paul just to see whats about whilst this fine weather holds. Looks like its gonna change over the weekend. Rods all dusted off, plenty of bait, will let you know how we get on good or bad.
Cheers
keith :D :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Paul caught 3 Dabs and 2 Flounder while I caught 2 flounder and a large Rockling, fishing was poor to say the least, the only saving grace is that we both avoided a blank.

Spoke to some of the lads off Blue Mink and apparently all that was caught were Dabs and small whiting. I'll give it another 2 to 3 weeks before I venture out again.
Cheers

Gizz
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Gizz »

Thanks for the report Keith, think i will give the North West a few weeks yet then mate.

Regards

Gordon

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

There speaks a wise man, nice to hear from you Gordon mate.
Cheers

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Gonna give Fleetwood another try this week or over the weekend. Not expecting miracles but one can but try. Will post a full report with pics if possible. I will fish either the Cadet base or Blue Bridge. Just making up new end tackle at the moment. Plenty of worm in stock so I will more than likely fish the full tide in and out.
Cheers

Gillibrand

Post by Gillibrand »

how did you get on ???

we have been ocasional boat fishermen but to reduce cost and improve abilty to go when we want we have invested a little money in some beach gear and might try friday night after work at fleetwood any advise on where might be worth going and where to get bait ??

it is schedualed for low tide 2145 so is there a chance of digging are own (never done that before)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I will pm you with the number of my bait supplier who is at Fleetwood. The cadet base is as good as anywhere.

Another good spot is just over the blue bridge near where the ferries used to dock, but fishing is only allowed after you cross over the bridge.
Distance casting is unimportant as the flatties come right up to the wall.

A rod of 9ft to 10ft is ideal so if you are using a beachcaster be careful of the railings behind you.
Cheers