interesting day

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
m0sgb
Occasional
Occasional

interesting day

Post by m0sgb »

Had a very interesting days fishing down on gynn wall, On arrivel at 12-00 midday, We noticed a bunch of lads from the Isle of Man having a contest by them selfs, me and my good lady moved towards the go-cart area, Set up our rods and started fishing, only had 20 flatties, another couple to the right had roughly 30 flatties and a small whiting, The chaps from Isle of Man seemed to be having a good day with a handful of flatties themselfs (not sure how many), But looks like everyone had a good day, The weather was bitterly cold but dry,
Steve

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Cheers for the report. Not my favourite spot but glad you had a good day. Well done on your catch and well done facing the cold bitterly weather.
Cheers
keith :D :D

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy »

Well done. This is the time of year and best weather type of weather for good flounder and dabs off the Gynn and also up at Arnside.

m0sgb
Occasional
Occasional

Post by m0sgb »

Hi Strathy and Rabbi2. thanks for your comment, never done Arnside but heard a story about a dog fishing, (yes a dog fishing), someone might enlighten us more ????
Steve

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I have actually witnessed the dog fishing by treading the shallows till it stood on a flattie then grabbed it up in it's mouth and took it to it's owner. I think it was a Jack Russel. Previous members of this site have also witnessed it.
Cheers

buster175
Regular
Regular

Post by buster175 »

rabbi2 wrote:I have actually witnessed the dog fishing by treading the shallows till it stood on a flattie then grabbed it up in it's mouth and took it to it's owner. I think it was a Jack Russel. Previous members of this site have also witnessed it.
Cheers
I've not seen it myself but there's a post with a picture on it on another site its a golden retriever

m0sgb
Occasional
Occasional

Post by m0sgb »

thanks for your input on the subject dogfishing, i would'nt mind going up to arnside to see this with my own eyes, buster 176 not wanting to leave this site, but whats the website name of other site, the more info on fishing the better,